Head of Neighbourhoods
Hybrid working (with weekly travel to our main offices in Exeter, Weston and Tolvaddon/Camborne)
LiveWest provides over 38,000 homes to over 80,000 people throughout the South West from Gloucestershire to the Isles of Scilly. We have plans to build over 6,000 homes in the area over the next five years, developing new homes of all tenures including low-cost rent and sale, market rent and sale, and a range of supported housing and intermediate housing products, creating choice and flexibility.
As well as developing new homes, we continue to invest in existing properties and communities. Through the stability of good housing, we place better living for better lives at the centre of our mission both today and for generations to come. At LiveWest we believe in a home for everyone.
We’re now looking for a Head of Neighbourhoods to join our team and play a vital role in delivering on our commitments to our customers. The role comes with a significant remuneration package, some great perks and benefits and hybrid working options.
- Salary - £60,300 - £67,000
- Car Allowance - £4,500
- Flexible working style (hybrid) so can be based anywhere
Rewards and Benefits package including:
- Defined Contribution pension scheme – employer contribution of 6% - 9%
- Death in Service benefit (3 x salary)
- 26 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays with service-related increases to your entitlement up to 30 days
- Annual Leave purchase
- Family Friendly policies
- Health Cash Plan including dental and optical cover
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Health and Wellbeing programme which includes enhanced sick pay, monthly campaigns, training and yearly flu jabs
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Car Benefit scheme
- Learning and Development including coaching and professional qualification support
- Volunteering days
- Discretionary Bonus scheme
This is a rare and exciting opportunity for a high calibre housing management professional with excellent leadership capabilities to make an impact on our organisation and drive exceptional housing practice across the South West.
It’s a great time to be joining our team as we undertake significant investment and development activities right across the region. You’ll be operating at the heart of our work, amongst our senior team, in a decision-making role and making a real difference to those people who need our services the most.
The rewards package speaks for itself and you will discover an excellent array of benefits to complement suitable remuneration. But more than that, our culture and ethos are focused on our customers, on challenging convention and on delivering together.
As the Head of Neighbourhoods, you will play a key role in delivering our vision, business objectives and strategy through providing strong leadership and focus on our general and sheltered services.
Leading in the development of policies, procedures and working practices, you’ll ensure that customers who utilise these services are at the forefront of our thinking and our services for them are compliant with legislation and best practice.
You will join the Operations Senior Management Team and significantly contribute to the development and implementation of relevant strategies and services, achieving a joined-up approach to the Directorate’s work.
This mission-critical leadership role will see you leading 170 colleagues who have responsibility for around 30,000 homes.
You will work with key partners and stakeholders across the region, building strong working relationships, shaping strategy and promoting LiveWest as a key social housing provider.
To be considered for the role of Head of Neighbourhoods, you will need:
- Demonstrable experience of leading and delivering a housing management service in a comparable organisation
- Experience of managing a geographically dispersed portfolio of a range of tenures
- Experience of effectively managing and motivating a team
- A track record of using customer insight and other data to redesign and improve services and improve customer satisfaction
- Experience of managing budgets and achieving financial objectives
- Demonstrable working knowledge and understanding of business planning and financial modelling, particularly to deliver new initiatives and efficiencies
- CIH/HNC or another relevant qualification or equivalent experience through work or study
- A good level of IT literacy with the ability to use and apply systems to support business objectives
- A full, valid driving licence
An understanding of the regulatory regime of social housing policy, good practice, current trends and application would be beneficial to your application. CIH accredited membership would also put you at a significant advantage.
Other organisations may call this role Head of Housing Management Services, Head of Neighbourhood Services, Head of Neighbourhood Strategy, Head of Neighbourhood Project, or Head of Housing Services.
Webrecruit and LiveWest are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Head of Neighbourhoods, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.