The Communications and Policy Manager works with the Director of Income and External Affairs, Chief Executive and Senior Management Team. The role works closely with other colleagues across the wider Leap team to support their communications needs. The role will also work closely with Leap’s Young Ambassadors. We have ambitious plans to reach more young people over the next three years, which you can find in our strategy.
We have launched a new brand and new website in April which we want to build upon to scale up our reach and help us increase our supporter's base. We are looking for a new Communications and Policy Manager to join our small and dynamic team to help us build our profile and develop our online and offline presence. This is a varied role in which you will lead and deliver marketing and brand campaigns, produce engaging content and raise the charity’s profile with journalists and other key external supporters and influencers. You will work with young people to help represent their stories and voices through compelling case studies (written and spoken) to feed into our policy messages. You will manage the Communications and Policy Officer and support them in their role.
The successful candidate will be a dynamic forward thinker with marketing and communication experience, ideally in digital marketing. You will be an excellent writer and editor who can develop creative content and visuals for online and printed marketing materials. Ideally, you will be a natural influencer with a can- do attitude who can work with different groups of people across and outside the organisation. You will have an interest in the wider issues facing young people and a commitment to the core principles of Leap - creative in our approach, responsive to the needs of young people and partners we work with and confrontational, holding individuals to account for their actions.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 29th September 2021 (9am).
First stage interviews will take place via Zoom on Thursday 7th October.
Those successful will be invited to attend an in-person interview on Tuesday 12th October at our offices in Finsbury Park, London N4 3JU. Please let us know when you are applying if you are unable to make any of these dates as we will try to rearrange where possible.
To apply for this position, please send email email@example.com attaching:
1. An up-to-date CV that details all relevant education and experience, paid or voluntary, in relation to the role that you are applying for at Leap
2. A supporting statement. In your statement please ensure:
- That you address each point of the person specification. Shortlisting is made easier if you address each point in turn. • That you include contact details of at least two referees; one being your current or most recent employer (we will not make contact unless a provisional offer is made to you).
- That you ensure you quote the job title (Communications & Policy Manager) in the subject line of your email.
- Finally, please ensure that you have included mobile, and any landline telephone numbers where possible, as well as any dates when you will not be available or if you have any difficulty with the timetable outlined above
For an application pack please visit our website: https://leapconfrontingconflict.org.uk/careers