A fantastic new opportunity has arisen for a process driven Head of Operations to lead and manage on all operational aspects of the charity.
Reporting Line: Chief Executive Officer
Hours/Contract Term: Permanent
Salary: £35,350 pa
Location: Hybrid working, primarily home-based with some office working.
Our client is a charity that provides Carers with the information and support they need. Their services are available to people looking after a relative or friend, who due to physical or mental illness, age related difficulties, disability or an addiction, cannot manage without their support.
Caring can be rewarding but also challenging. Each situation is different, but this charity knows that caring brings practical, physical and emotional challenges. They care about the health and well-being of Carers and provide information, support and signposting/referral to services to help with those challenges.
About the role
This exciting new opportunity will play a fundamental role in delivering the charity's strategies for future growth and development. You will be leading a team providing operational support to the organisation, and for providing support to the Board. They are a growing not-for-profit organisation that delivers a service which makes a real difference to people’s lives.
As Head of Operations, you will work closely with the Head of Services and will provide leadership and management on Health and Safety, Premises Management, Human Resources, Policies and Procedures, Administration, Quality Assurance, Information Governance and Data Management, IT & Systems and Risk Management. You will also work closely with the CEO and Board of Trustees.
Your role will be key in supporting the CEO to ensure the charity meets its legal obligations and to optimise operational efficiency by ensuring operational systems and processes are effective and efficient.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Leading a team to deliver a high-quality service, with a strong focus on motivation, development, recruitment and the training of new and existing staff.
- Establish and maintain the operational structures needed to deliver and develop our services.
- Work collaboratively with other members of the management team on delivering strategic and organisation-wide objectives.
- Contribute to and support the cycle of strategic review and planning and implementation of the charity's Strategic and Operational plans.
- Prepare a range of management information reports for the CEO and Board and other stakeholders as required.
- Support the Board with statutory reporting and governance requirements and administration of Board and Committees functions.
To be successful you will have:
- A proven ability to lead teams, drive continuous improvement and develop and maintain positive relationships with key stakeholders
- Excellent communication, organisational, interpersonal and written skills.
Desirable skills include:
- Experience gained in a similar role in a non-profit organisation.
- Knowledge of Charity governance, including statutory and financial reporting requirements and frameworks
Our client encourages and welcome applications regardless of gender, ethnicity, religion, disability, sexual orientation or age.
On some occasions, there will be an expectation for you to travel locally to meet your team. This can be discussed further at the interview.
Closing date for applications: 18 September 2021
To find out more information, please click the apply button. You will be taken to a simple CHM Recruit form and then redirected to complete your application for this position.
Appointments are subject to a satisfactory disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
No agencies please.