Trusts & Foundation Manager
London, EC1 (currently home based due to COVID-19)
We’re The Mix, a charity that provides free, confidential support for young people aged under 25. We believe all young people should be able to make informed choices about their physical and mental wellbeing so that they can live the lives they choose.
Life is tough, we know that. But support doesn’t have to be. That’s why we’re here to take on the embarrassing problems, weird questions and please-don’t-make-me-say-it-out-loud thoughts that people under 25 have.
We’re now looking for a Trusts & Foundation Manager to take the lead in trust and foundation fundraising.
- Salary of £35,000 - £44,000 per annum (depending on experience)
- Stakeholder pension scheme
- Flexible and remote working available
- Eyecare vouchers
- Life assurance
- Weekly staff socials, plus Summer and Christmas Party
- Colleague of the month – awarded half a day extra annual leave
- Central London location
- Clinical supervision offered for front line services staff
- Coaching Environment
- Learning, development and training options
If you are a highly successful fundraising professional from a Trusts & Foundations or Statutory background, this is the ideal role in which to continue your career path with our incredible organisation.
You’ll be making sure that our funding is sustainable and continues to increase so that we can continue to impact lives and make a difference to young people.
So, if you want to join a friendly and supportive environment where you can grow and develop professionally, undertake further training and receive some strong rewards for your hard work, we want to hear from you.
As a Trusts & Foundation Manager, you will be responsible for developing and implementing our Trusts and Foundation fundraising strategy to achieve annual income targets.
This exciting role will see you ensuring that we can continue our vital work with young people through effectively identifying and targeting major funders and funding streams that will grow our income.
You will aim to expand sustainable prospects and establish and develop relationships that will enable us to grow our income year on year.
In this varied role, you will also:
- Manage core funding, focusing on unrestricted income from large and small funders
- Work across the charity to collaboratively create exciting and impactful projects
- Support projects to gain funding through compelling proposals, pitches and applications
- Report on, and evaluate, trust and foundation fundraising income, expenditure and ROIs
- Line manage the Trusts’ Team to assist with all trust and foundation activities
- Represent The Mix externally at fundraising and profile-raising events and forums
- Maintain your knowledge of trust and foundation, statutory and major gifts fundraising
To be considered as the Trusts & Foundation Manager, you will need:
- A proven track record of successful (six+ figure) income generation, Trusts & Foundations and/or Statutory
- Experience of line managing staff and/or volunteers, preferably in a fundraising environment
- Experience of project management – including budget development and day-to-day management, project planning and delivery, and project evaluation
- Excellent people skills, adaptable and flexible in manner and approach
- Excellent planning, problem-solving and organisational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work on your own initiative and as an active team member
- The ability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to take risks and learn from mistakes
- A passion for working with young people
- Proficiency in MS Office and experience in file sharing systems such as SharePoint
We are dedicated to equal opportunities and equality within our organisation. As part of your application, we will ask you to complete an equality and diversity form. This is voluntary and will not affect your application, however, it will support our diversity policy and make our organisation stronger and more representative of our diverse society.
Experience and/or an understanding of other fundraising income streams would be beneficial to your application. Experience of working with Salesforce, or a similar database would also be advantageous, as would a strong network within the charity and funding sectors.
An interest and/or enthusiasm for using digital for good purpose would be equally desirable, as would a good understanding of safeguarding, confidentiality and safe working practices.
Other organisations may call this role Senior Fundraising Officer, Fundraising Manager, Trusts Fundraising Manager, Statutory Funding Manager, Partnerships Manager, Grants Manager, or Trusts & Foundations Fundraising Manager.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Trusts & Foundation Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.