Role: Business Engagement Manager (Charity Services Team)
(Business-2-Charities, Charity Projects & CSR, Events & Workshops)
Report to: Head of Charity Operations (HOCO) Primary
Chief Executive Officer (Secondary)
Department: Charity Services Team
Location: Based at Sunley House, Aylesbury with some travel throughout Buckinghamshire and the surrounding areas
Start Date: Early October 2021 - or as soon as possible thereafter
Hours: 5 days per week
Working: 35 Hours per week
Notice Period: 4 working weeks
Salary Circa £30,000 > £34,000: (Depending on experience)
Expenses: To be paid in addition to salary
Reporting to the Head of Charity Operations and supporting the CEO and Finance Manager, develop and deliver the overall strategy of Helping Charities, Businesses and People Strategy for the TCF Charity Department. To maximise services, engagement and key deliverables, lead in delivering meaningful and beneficial relationships with other agencies, stakeholders, regulatory bodies and partners, to deliver successful services through our - Engage – Support – Coalesce – Collaborate work, projects and programmes.
Deliver the TCF three-pronged strategic vision including, providing Helping Charities, Helping People and Helping Businesses Programmes to engage with charities in Buckinghamshire and the surrounding areas.
With the team develop a ‘Business2Charities’ – ‘Corporate Social Responsibility’, and where possible provide support for our Helping People and Helping Charities (Social Investment Loans/End to End Grants) in Buckinghamshire and surrounding areas. Create and generate new business and collaborative opportunities to support the work of The Clare Foundation. To be part of a team that drives The Clare Foundation vision of making Buckinghamshire an even more thriving and happy county to work and live in.
Responsible for creating and owning the ‘Corporate-Charity Operational Plan’ leading to an increase in our portfolio, developing new leads, following up current leads, seeking out new potential partners, engaging likeminded stakeholders and making reciprocal introductions that are mutually beneficial. You will maximise opportunities working in partnership with the colleagues to promote our Helping Charities Programme, Helping People Programme and where appropriate indicate skilled volunteers and good leads to assist with charity sector leadership. You will be/become a ‘local member’ of the various networking organisations such as CSRA, Chambers of Commerce and BBF seek to build mutually beneficial relationships that enables our ability to gain exposure and traction.
- Conducting research and regularly coming up with new ideas or initiatives and preparing for CSR type proposals that will have a significant positive impact on the environment, communities and our people.
- Supporting the development and implementation of internal and external communications strategies to enhance The TCF reputation as a charity leader in Buckinghamshire.
- Research and meet with other organisations in the county and nationally that may either already be doing similar work or have similar work as their vision moving forward
- Set up a series of roundtable (events) discussions with local businesses, agencies, county authorities, organisations and charities to listen to their needs and challenges
- Organise networking & training to businesses and charities alike to encourage positive collaboration and sustainable partnerships
- Provide a series of seminars/workshops that provides specific help and insight for Charities on how to engage Businesses with the appropriate questions, attention to detail and explaining clearly the what, why and when of CSR and how to build rapport and maintain the relationship
- Representing the charity at Corporate Events and continuing to build a network of relationships with external strategic Corporate partners.
- Monitor the progress of projects and programmes assessing results against initial plans
- Prepare related progress reports for the CEO
Supporting colleagues promote and develop the CSR Styles/Themed Seminars support of engagement and deliverables as part of a small team:
- promoting charitable projects for completion
- assisting in the development of reciprocal supporting needs for charities and businesses
- maximising publicity for the network and promoting successful interventions
- provide information, media and associated materials for the TCF communications team
Preparation of reports, budgets and delivery of programmes, projects and events:
- Drafting (quarterly) Board reports for the CEO to TCF Board on Charity CSR (Helping Businesses) and other aspects of the Charity Services Department
- Occasionally able to work evenings and weekends and as required or appropriate
Any other reasonable tasks requested and deemed appropriate by the Chief Executive Officer.
PERSON SPECIFICATION/KEY COMPETENCIES
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience in a similar charity, commercial, public or corporate role
- Some knowledge of the business and charity sector in Buckinghamshire
- At least 3 Years Management experience working in the UK Charity, Commercial, Public or Corporate sector
- Own car and full clean UK driving licence
- Engaging, collaborative and inclusive personality
- Ability to map, organise, create and deliver successful programmes and projects
- Flexible and adaptable, able to respond to the changing needs of the organisation
- Able to manage a diverse workload, deliver outcomes and remain calm under pressure.
- Articulate, with excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to deliver clear messages to a range of stakeholders, partners and staff.
- Reflect the values of our organisation and that of the sector.
- Understanding of the Buckinghamshire Council community strategy and programmes
- Ongoing commitment to BAME issues, equality, diversity & inclusion and be a voice for those disengaged and vulnerable.
Please note the following
Closing date for applications – Sunday 4th September 2021 10:30pm
Interviews will be held during the week (TBC) of the 13th Sept in Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire
Please forward a
- CV (Not more than 2 pages)
- and a Cover Letter (Not more than 1 page)
- to Mary Whimster at firstname.lastname@example.org
Chief Executive Officer