The Mind BLMK Board are investing in a new member of the Executive Team due to growth in the organisation.
Job title: Business Development and Transformation Manager
Post no: 416
Working base: Flitwick
Reports to: Chief Executive
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: £38,500 per annum
Contracted hours: 37.0 per week
Checks needed: Enhanced DBS and 2 satisfactory references
Start date: ASAP
The role will work closely with the CEO, Operations Manager and the Finance and Resources Manager to respond to new business opportunities for the organisation as well as contributing to delivery of the strategy and vision.
The role will also be involved in the local Adult and Older persons Transformation programme working with the NHS, local authorities, VCSE and other partners.
Leading on tender and grant opportunities as well as creating business proposals to support more people in our communities to have better mental health.
The post holder will also play an important role in ensuring the organisation is new business ready ensuring systems and processes that are fit for growth and purpose, including being the Data Protection Officer for the organisation ensuring data protection/GDPR compliance.
Your responsibilities will include:
- To lead on business development but to work in partnership with the rest of the Executive Management Team and Senior Managers.
- To identify possible tender and grant opportunities and to lead on the completion of service tenders and grant applications to retain and gain services which support the mental health of the community.
- To share the work associated with the Adult and Older peoples Mental Health Transformation Programme. Attending meetings completing associated documents and contributing to a shared vison
- To represent the organisation at external meetings and influence the importance and benefits of working with the VCSE.
- To work with partners to identify barriers to joint working and influence change to reduce these.
- To write business proposal and new service models as requested in a timely manner working with the Operations Manager to ensure they are achievable.
- Manage the new business process up to the point of recruitment including creating role profiles for new services and providing information for advertisement to the HR department.
- To be the lead for the business development working group, planning meetings, agendas and oversee a business development plan.
- To be a member of the Executive Team, joining weekly meetings and to be jointly responsible for decision making.
- To contribute to data requirements to ensure we can evidence effective services and show positive outcomes.
- When required, research and recommend systems to enable growth and improvements in the organisation.
- Identify and build effective working relationships with relevant external contacts, partners and local services.
- In partnership with the finance team, cost services and contribute to annual budget setting.
- To lead on co-production within the organisation to ensure our beneficiaries are at the heart of service design and developments.
- To lead on quality marks achievement for the organisation including (Mind Quality Mark)
- To be the Data Protection Officer ensuring compliance including review of relevant policies and achievements and maintenance of the NHS data toolkit and cyber security.
- Review and develop policies and procedures relevant to role.
- To be part of a team who investigate complaints and carry out grievance processes as directed by the HR department.
- To manage an effective workforce for allocated services/projects in line with Mind BLMK’s HR policies, procedures and guidance (recruitment, line management, workload planning, support and development of coordinators responsible for the services and projects, recruitment and support of volunteers).
Closedown: 20 August 2021 @ 5pm
TO APPLY AND FOR MORE INFORMATION
Please click ‘Apply’ to be redirected to our website, where you can view the full Job Description and download the application form (You may need to scroll down).
Please note, you are not applying at this stage.
Mind BLMK is a Disability Confident Employer and has been committed to the Mindful Employer charter since 2008.
No agencies please.