Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 pro rata three days per week.
Hours: This is a part-time role working 24 hours per week with flexible workingarrangements and home-working.
Key member of the Senior Management Team reporting to the CEO.
- HR administration and management
- Office Management
- Governance support
- Oversee and manage SportInspired's day to day HR processes
- Oversee and manage the charity's internal office operations
- Governance administration
- Administration of employee-related paperwork, such as employment contracts and variations, new starter packs, or formal notices of termination.
- Support managers on all people-related issues in line with legislation and best practice.
- Implement the L&D strategy and oversee the training and development of employees.
- Administering financial elements such as payroll and pension schemes (with support of external provide Upstreamly).
- Overseeing staff attendance, holiday and absence monitoring.
- Leading the recruitment process, including selection and interviewing of candidates.
- Administer the new starter inductions, onboarding and offboarding processes.
- Overseeing the development and implementation of the DEI strategy with the support of the Senior Leadership Team.
- Handling highly confidential information in an honest and trustworthy way.
- Manage the registered office address, postal arrangements and online platform the charity are currently using.
- Oversee the opening of a new office space as and when the charity re-open afterCovid-19 restrictions.
- Review and update internal policies with the support from a pro-bono law firm, the CEO and Senior Operations Manager.
- Oversee and ensure timely and full compliance with charitable and company law and submission requirements.
- Comply with the charity policies and procedures.
- Support the Senior Leadership Team with Board Management, planning and preparation for Board meetings.
- Use of a range of software, including email, spreadsheets and databases, to ensure the efficient running of the office.
- Minute significant meetings.
- Assisting colleagues across the charity to ensure our goals are met.
- Ensure SportInspired governance framework is adhered to and embedded within everything you do.
- Act as an ambassador for SportInspired to key stakeholders and external partners.
- Ensure processes and systems defined and supplied by SportInspired are used.
- Understand our vision ensuring the wider picture is forefront in everything you do.
- Live our values; innovative, impactful, fun and inclusive.
Skills / Knowledge
- Solid knowledge of positive company culture, equality, and diversity within an organisation.
- A working knowledge of Employment and Case Law to be able to support and advise.
- Good understanding of common HR practices and policies.
- Good understanding of charity law and governance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to manage multiple workstreams.
- IT skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- High degree of honesty and confidentiality.
- Compassionate and patient.
- Highly organised and proactive.
- A flexible approach and the ability to influence and motivate others.
- Ability to work efficiently and to hit deadlines.
- Open and transparent, shares knowledge with others.
- Resilient with a calm, professional manner.
- An understanding of change management and organisational design concepts and processes.
- A CIPD Level 5 qualification or equivalent work experience.
- Xero financial software user.
- Salesforce user.
- Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint and Teams user.
- Experience of charity governance and compliance.
- Experience in a similar HR role.
- Experience of working within an organisation of 10 to 30 staff.
- Developing cross functional working relationships.
- Managing multiple workstreams to deadlines.
- Proven track record of delivering on time and to budget.
- Experience of working with Board Members and/or high-level individuals.
The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Equal Opportunities Employer
SportInspired values diversity and inclusion and strongly encourages applications from all sections of the community. We request that you complete our Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form to establish if there are different success rates between genders, people of different sexual orientation, ages, different ethnic backgrounds or faiths, and people with disabilities. Your answers will be treated confidentially and will not affect your application in any way.
How to Apply
Please send a copy of your CV and covering letter (no longer than one side of A4) firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unfortunately, we are unable to reply to everyone who applies, so only applicants shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
Closing Date: 31 August 2021 with interviews scheduled for the week commencing 6th September 2021.