CW+ West Middlesex Fundraising Manager
Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust (the Trust) is one of the top performing hospital trusts in the UK. Across two hospital sites and twelve clinics we provide care to a community of over one million people
The Trust is the 4th largest A&E provider in the UK, treating over 300,000 patients each year. We are one of the largest maternity providers in the country, delivering over 10,000 babies per annum. In addition to these core services we also house many specialisms including a world-renowned Burns Service providing care support for London and the South East and a world-renowned HIV and sexual health programme which has been at the forefront of the global fight against HIV/AIDS for over 30 years.
CW+ is the charity of the Trust. Our generous supporters and partners enable us to:
- Build and enhance clinical facilities to create an outstanding healing environment for patients and staff
- Deliver a unique art and design programme to transform the experience and wellbeing of our patients
- Invest in health innovation to deliver exceptional patient care.
West Middlesex University Hospital (WMUH) became a part of the Trust in 2016 and since then, CW+ has established a proactive fundraising programme at the hospital, providing support across a host of wards and programmes, and completing a successful fundraising campaign – the Sun and Stars Appeal – to refurbish our paediatric inpatient wards.
The COVID-19 pandemic saw a surge in support from our local community and we received generous cash and in-kind donations which enabled us to enhance the care we provided to patients, their families and the workforce.
We are now seeking an experienced fundraiser who can build on the excellent foundations that have been created and generate long-term support from individuals, corporates, schools, trusts and foundations towards a varied programme of work – from our Sun and Stars 2 appeal, to a major capital development to create an Ambulatory Diagnostic Centre.
This is an exciting time to join us as 2021 marks the Hospital’s centenary year and we have a host of activities and events planned, which we will celebrate with our generous community.
- Grow and manage a personal portfolio of donors incorporating community, trust, corporate, staff and major donor giving, to deliver the fundraising strategy through both personal and shared income targets, generating upwards of £500k per year for WMUH and supporting wider CW+ income generation of £5.5m per annum.
- Lead on CW+'s presence, reputation and impact for the WMUH community - across staff, patients, relatives and the local community
- Build successful relationships with hospital leadership, clinicians, managers, fund holders and other charities with clear collaboration/development goals in line with Trust policy
- Utilise and engage executive, clinical and volunteer leadership to help solicit funding effectively
- Work with networks to build relationships and support from the local community
- Work with wards and departments to build support from patients, families, and visitors
- Work with the CW+ Communications Team to maintain brand presence and engagement, ensuring integration with WMUH events such as Open Days, VIP visits and West Fest, our centenary celebration event at Syon House in 2022
- Support colleagues, contributing to a happy and productive, values-driven working environment.
- Champion CW+’s mission, maintaining the highest standards of professionalism and integrity.
Skills and Experience
- At least three years’ experience in fundraising
- Excellent project support management skills, highly organised and able to manage a large workload
- To be able to work independently and part of a team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- An effective team worker with energy, initiative, and flexibility
Location: West Middlesex University Hospital (with some home working and requirements to work at our Chelsea and Westminster Hospital site)
To apply, please send CV along side covering letter outlining experience and desire