Hyde Park, London, W2 (with travel to all parks)
Created in March 2017, The Royal Parks is a charity that supports and manages 5,000 acres of historic and precious parkland across London. Millions of Londoners and tourists visit our beautiful sites, which offer unparalleled opportunities for enjoyment, exploration and healthy living in the heart of the capital, as well as a refuge for nature.
We look after eight of London’s largest open spaces; Hyde Park, The Green, Richmond, Greenwich, St James’s, Bushy and The Regent’s Parks, and Kensington Gardens. We also manage other important open spaces in the capital including Brompton Cemetery, Victoria Tower Gardens, Canning Green and Poet’s Corner.
We are now seeking a Fundraising Officer to join our team on a full-time basis.
- Salary of £27,801 - £34,000 per annum, depending on experience
- 26 days’ annual leave pro rata, plus Public Holidays
- Pension scheme
- Employee Healthcare Plan scheme
This is a great opportunity for an individual with a fundraising background in legacy giving, major donor fundraising or individual giving looking to take the next step in their career to join our organisation, helping to facilitate the growth and sustainability of the Royal Parks charity.
Millions of people visit The Royal Parks each year looking for entertainment, relaxation and enjoyment. Our supporters make a big difference in helping to ensure these spaces continue to thrive for generations to come. You will play a key role in contributing to their future by providing an excellent service and experience to these donors.
If you would like to apply your fundraising skills and passion to help London’s green spaces flourish and enable people to celebrate their loved ones with unique tributes, we want to hear from you.
As a Fundraising Officer, you will oversee and manage bench and tree dedications across all our parks, maximising net income and increasing legacy enquiries and pledges.
Reporting to the Head of Development, you will help develop and support our in memory and legacy programmes, as well as park projects and campaigns in line with our fundraising targets. You will develop and implement individual giving and in memory and legacy fundraising activity through multiple channels including digital, face-to-face, telephone and print, working closely with suppliers and internal stakeholders.
You will be the first point of contact for all inbound enquiries, managing the supporter information inbox, ensuring a high-quality service and an excellent experience from enquiry to dedication to long term stewardship. You will engage in sensitive conversations with tact and diplomacy.
In addition, you will support our Greenwich Park Revealed Fundraising Campaign which will offer new opportunities for tree dedications in Greenwich Park as well as diverse projects to support.
Your role will also involve:
- Matching donor enquiries to individual projects
- Working closely with the marketing and digital teams
- Supporting the creation of legacy fundraising propositions, campaigns and supporter journeys
- Working closely with legacy fundraising agencies to support the delivery of content and campaigns
- Stewarding donors through digital and face-to-face engagement journeys
- Project co-ordination, reporting, record keeping and knowledge sharing with other teams and departments
To join us as a Fundraising Officer, you will need:
- Sufficient fundraising experience and depth of knowledge and understanding in legacy giving, major donor and/or individual giving
- Experience of supporting legacy fundraising campaigns and in memory digital offers
- Experience of fundraising in a growing team for a charity or other organisation
- Experience of dealing with the public who may be grieving at the point of contact when a dedication is sought
- Experience of using a variety of on and offline fundraising channels for both marketing and stewardship and verbal communications
- Knowledge and experience of marketing and digital tools and techniques to support legacy fundraising
- The ability to develop relationships with confidence and empathy and steward donors through an exceptional journey at every interaction
A fundraising or marketing qualification through a respected industry body would be beneficial to your application, as would knowledge and experience of individual giving. Knowledge and experience of developing fundraising campaigns as part of a team, or on your own, would be advantageous.
Other organisations may call this role Fundraiser, Legacy Fundraiser, Community Fundraising Officer, Community Fundraiser, Charity Fundraiser, or Charity Fundraising Officer.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 11th August 2021.
Webrecruit and The Royal Parks are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Fundraising Officer, please apply via the button shown where you will be asked to complete an application form detailing how your skills and experience meet key competencies in the person specification.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.