Carers Trust Solihull (CTS) is a charity that provides free help and support for unpaid carers of all ages across the Solihull Borough. Our aim is to equip, support and upskill our carers to help support and maintain a healthy life balance through their caring role and to help increase their knowledge and understanding
You will undertake comprehensive statutory carers assessment, support plans and reviews with carers to identity their support needs. Offer information and guidance, signposting accordingly to relevant services and to help carers manage a healthy life balance.
You will help to promote media resources that enable self-help support, including digital inclusion enabling carers, professionals and other CTS staff with ongoing training, awareness, gaining skill and understanding by Leading in areas of specialist work.
Functions specific to this role
- To ensure a coordinated approach for carers to access appropriate support by offering information, signposting, advice and referral to organisations as part of a multi-agency partnership with the Solihull Community Hub.
- Support carers to access and/or remain in education, training and employment
- Support carers to overcome barriers and exercise their rights to achieve their desired goals
- Undertake comprehensive carers assessments, support plans and reviews with carers in a timely manner
- To access and upload all carers assessments onto the Local Authorities database systems
- Partake in a Lead condition category to deliver training for Carers to increase their confidence, knowledge and skills to continue caring with confidence
- To take a Lead role in building good partnership working in their specialised conditions category.
- To act as a specialist in their conditions category and deliver awareness and on-going training support to CTS staff, professionals and key workers, to the wider community.
- Contribute in the development of resources and toolkits that enable carers to maintain healthy life style balance.
- Promote CTS by giving talks and presentations to professionals and other organisations within their specialised category.
- Any other duties as agreed by the Chief Officer.
To apply please send us your CV and a cover letter by clicking on Apply now.