Hospital Services Manager
Victoria, London (with occasional travel to other sites)
Blue Cross are one of the UK’s leading rehoming organisations for animals. We support sick, injured and homeless pets and care for more than 40,000 animals every year through our rehoming, veterinary and education programmes.
We’re now looking for a Hospital Services Manager to join our team at our animal hospital in Victoria.
- Salary of £33,970 - £39,500 per annum plus London Weighting Allowance of £3,954 per annum
- Pension scheme
- Company sick pay
- Life insurance (after probationary period)
- Employee assistance programme, including a 24/7 confidential counselling line, support with personal issues and financial advice
- Develop your career with a charity that’s been supporting animals since 1897
This is an exciting opportunity for a high calibre leader from a business management background to join our flagship hospital and develop their career with our exceptional charity.
In this highly varied and engaging role, you will be making a positive and long-lasting impact upon our Victoria hospital, ensuring we deliver the best possible service and achieve the best possible outcomes.
What’s more, you’ll be involved in all manner of activities across the hospital, giving you the chance to make a difference to a huge range of departments, teams and processes and the delivery of our unrivalled service.
As the Hospital Services Manager, you will support the Chief Veterinary Surgeon in the delivery of our veterinary services.
You will provide strong leadership and management of the support team, ensuring a high standard of customer service is achieved. You will also be tasked with promoting and developing our volunteers.
Your role will also incorporate the responsibility for specific areas within the hospital, workflow and budgets, including volunteer management, reception, client services, financial processes and all aspects of hospital administration.
Additionally, you will:
- Strive to continuously improve our service
- Promote efficient and sustainable process
- Support income generation and fundraising
- Ensure the welfare of pets and high-quality services are at the forefront at all times
To be considered as the Hospital Services Manager, you will need:
- Extensive experience in a management role
- Previous business management experience
- Experience of recruiting team members
- An understanding of budgets and accounts
- Excellent communication, administration and numeracy skills
- To be proficient in computer literacy and familiar with MS Office
- A minimum of GCSE English and Mathematics or equivalent
Experience of working in veterinary practice would be beneficial to your application, as would experience of working in the charity sector. Experience of managing workplace Health and Safety and or events organisation and community engagement would also be advantageous.
Other organisations may call this role Veterinary Manager, Veterinary Operations Manager, Veterinary Hospital Manager, Hospital Manager, Charity Manager, Business Manager or Senior Veterinary Manager.
The closing date for applications is 6th August 2021, with interviews scheduled for 19th and 20th August 2021. Following this, we will invite shortlisted applicants to attend an assessment centre on 7th September 2021. We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response.
The salary for this role is a Grade: 3.2.
Webrecruit and Blue Cross are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as the Hospital Services Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.