Senior Building Surveyor (Hybrid Working)
£44,965.92 p.a and car allowance up to £1,500 plus benefits
Permanent, Full Time (35 hours per week)
Our client is currently seeking an experienced Senior Building Surveyor to join their property services team.
In this key role you will carry out the day to day supervision and management of the surveying team with regard to responsive repairs, voids work, planned and cyclical work, aids and adaptations, stock condition surveys, asbestos management surveys insurance and disrepair claims.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Managing the surveying team
- Overseeing the management of pre and post inspection of works, ensuring that work has been carried out to the required standard and quality.
- Undertaking various types of inspection as required by the demand of the service
- Managing insurance claims to a successful conclusion and to take the lead role in dealing with complex disrepair claims.
- Leading on complex disrepairs cases and complaints to include the production of technical specifications and detailed reports.
- Managing and undertaking the general inspection of properties including undertaking pre and post inspections for day to day repairs and void properties.
- Managing budgets and work to create efficiency savings and ensure value for money is achieved.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Previous employment in a Senior Surveyors role in a Local Authority, Housing Association, contractor or consultancy.
- Experience in the management of Multidisciplinary teams of staff and contractors in the delivery of responsive repairs, planned, cyclical and voids works.
- Experience in the procurement of Aids and Adaptations work, including securing grant aid.
- Knowledge of housing management systems.
- HNC in building construction or property.
- Full, clean UK driving licence.
- Own transport for use in undertaking duties.
They have a value-based recruitment policy which means their selection process is aligned with their core values of Excellence, Care and Innovation - this ensures that, when recruiting, they find the right person with the right values and expected behaviours for the job, who will strive to provide excellent services to the people we support. This supplements our requirements for essential and desirable skills, knowledge and abilities for each role.
Safeguarding & Recruitment
They are committed to safeguarding and practices safer recruitment standards and expects all staff to share the commitment to safeguarding children and people with care and support needs. The successful applicants will be required to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
Diversity & Inclusion
They are committed to embedding diversity and inclusion at the heart of their work and everything they do. They aim to be an inclusive organisation, where individual differences are respected, where staff, people who use services, as well as their families and carers, are treated with dignity and on the basis of their merits, abilities and needs, and where everyone has a fair opportunity to fulfil their potential without suffering discrimination or disadvantage.
They’re currently working remotely and expect to be returning to their offices in some capacity during Summer 2021. At that stage, they will also be starting a trial of hybrid/agile working across the business and they are happy to discuss flexible working options at the interview stage.
Closing date: 12th August 2021