Extra Care Scheme Manager (Housing Support)
Our client is currently looking for an Extra Care Scheme Manager to deliver a high quality, responsive service that meets the needs of customers living in and applying for extra care. The post will provide appropriate management of the service and the two schemes.
What you will be doing:
- Ensuring that they provide homes for people of varying care and support needs whilst facilitating a vibrant community housing.
- Assessing the housing and support needs of customers.
- Managing any scheme-based employees such as Caretakers, Night Concierge or Handypersons, providing appropriate guidance and supervision.
- Remaining fully engaged in all housing related issues including arrears and money management, ASB and repairs/maintenance of household.
- Overseeing the health, safety and maintenance of the building, ensuring that compliance requirements are met.
They’d love to meet someone with:
- Experience and knowledge of the housing or care environment.
- A sensitive and supportive approach to the needs of vulnerable people.
- Experience of carrying out assessments and identifying and managing needs/risks
- The ability to work on your own initiative and make decisions
Please note the successful candidate will be required to complete an enhanced DBS application and this will need to be returned and verified by bpha before a start date can be provided.
Amongst what they offer you is:
- A competitive salary of £21,510
- 28 days holiday PLUS Bank Holidays
- A generous contributory pension scheme
- Private health care
- Free life assurance
- Access to an extensive suite of wellbeing services and tools including a digital gym
- Opportunities for learning and development
- Discounted gym membership
- Retail discount scheme
They are a forward-thinking housing association, on a mission to build thriving communities where people can live happily in a home they can afford. They work right across the Oxford to Cambridge Arc, and own or manage over 19,000 homes. As one of the top 25 housing associations for developing new homes in the country, they remain committed to delivering high-quality affordable housing to those who need it the most.
Their work in retirement living is no exception. They believe in creating modern communities where over-55s can live in desirable, social, and independent spaces. Safe in the knowledge that they have extra tailored care and support available if it’s needed. This is all possible thanks to their dedicated and passionate retirement living team. A team that you could be part of.
Closing date: Friday 30th July, 2021
Interviews will take place throughout the recruitment
They reserve the right to close this recruitment if it is deemed that they have received a suitable number of applications. On this basis they would advise that applications are submitted as soon as possible.