Location: Remote (UK), or at head office in Cambridge
Salary (UK): £20,000 - £24,000,
Basis: Permanent; full-time, part-time or flexible
Eligibility: You must be eligible to work in the UK or Ireland
The Raspberry Pi Foundation is a UK-based educational charity working to put the power of computing and digital making into the hands of people all over the world. We want more people to be able to harness digital technologies for work, to solve problems that matter to them, and to express themselves creatively.
Established in 2008 and first known for our main product — the wildly successful Raspberry Pi computer — the Foundation has developed educational content and programmes that are helping millions of people learn new knowledge and skills.
We are an operating foundation rather than a grant-giving foundation, meaning that we advance our mission through practical action. Through Code Club and CoderDojo we support the world’s largest networks of free computing clubs for young people. Tens of thousands of educators have taken our online courses, and millions of people use our free online learning resources.
The Foundation’s income consists of a mix of profits from our commercial company, contracts for educational services, and restricted and unrestricted grants and donations. View some of our supporters here.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Fundraising Administrator to join our team. You will be responsible for supporting the Partnerships and Fundraising team to grow our portfolio of global supporters and donors. You’ll need to love putting things into order and be confident in developing and implementing processes and systems. The ideal candidate will be highly organised and keen to keep on top of deadlines.
You will be joining a fast-growing non-profit organisation that offers opportunities for development and growth. We pride ourselves on being a brilliant place to work, with a fantastic team and a positive work culture.
- Monitor the team's email inbox, and provide excellent customer service and timely responses to all inbound enquiries and requests
- Support the stewardship of individual donors by sending thank you emails and engaging in follow-up correspondence
- Use Salesforce to create reports and dashboards on income, donors, and campaigns; implement process improvements in Salesforce as needed
- Support the organisation of engagement events, for example by tracking RSVPs and assisting with event logistics
- Work with Senior Partnership Managers to carry out administrative tasks associated with fundraising campaigns
- Support with mailing thank you cards and associated materials to supporters
- Carry out initial qualification of new leads against specific criteria
- Provide practical day-to-day assistance and support to the Partnerships and Fundraising team
Experience and personal attributes
You should be:
- Highly organised and detail-oriented, with the ability to manage competing priorities
- An excellent writer and confident communicator with fluent English
- A natural collaborator with enthusiasm for working with others
- Experienced in gathering and handling data, and at impact reporting
Ideally you’ll also have:
- Experience of supporting a variety of projects and relationships
- An excellent understanding of and passion for the Raspberry Pi Foundation’s mission
- A high level of IT literacy, particularly experience of using the Microsoft Office suite or Google apps (Gmail, Calendar, Docs, and Forms)
- Knowledge of CRM systems such as Salesforce, and project management tools such as monday.com
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer a range of benefits for all of our colleagues, including:
- 25 days' leave per annum, plus public holidays
- Flexible working arrangements
- Pension with 8% employer and 4% employee contributions
- Life assurance and long-term illness insurance
- Good support for working parents, including family leave policy
- Cycle to work scheme, season ticket loan, and childcare voucher schemes
- Investment in professional development and learning
Timetable for applications
Closing date: Monday 2 August 9:00am GMT
Phone screen: 3 or 4 August
First round Interviews: 9 or 10 August
Second round Interviews: 12 or 13 August
*We are currently expecting all interviews to be held remotely.