Queen Mary University of London is one of the UK's leading research-focused higher education institutions. They have over 25,000 students and close to 4,500 members of staff.
Queen Mary is one of 24 leading UK universities represented by the Russell Group, that are committed to maintaining the very best research, an outstanding teaching and learning experience, excellent graduate employability and unrivalled links with business and the public sector.
The Faculty Communication Managers support the key goals of Queen Mary University to support student recruitment and build reputation for the University.
We are currently recruiting for the Humanities and Social Sciences Faculty and Science and Engineering Faculty.
These roles are responsible for the leadership of Queen Mary's public relations, working in close partnership with the Corporate PR and social media teams. These roles will also manage external and internal communications for the respective faculty, working in partnership and in some cases leading staff to build engaging communications.
The Faculty Communications Manager will serve as the main point of contact between the faculty and the full set of services provided by the Communications team.
- Provide sound and relevant media, and other external and internal communication advice to faculty colleagues and senior managers
- Examine the faculty's and/or schools' needs and priorities to identify the role for external and internal communications and translate this, with the support of communications colleagues, into measurable communications objectives
- Build and maintain relationships with key journalists, stakeholders, advocates and partners to gather intelligence and build an effective environment for the delivery of successful external and internal communications
- Understand and interpret the current and emerging news agenda and the factors which may affect this agenda
- Contribute to the development, implementation and review of effective communications strategies, ensuring integration across all relevant channels
- Use your knowledge of the faculty and of external and internal communications landscapes to develop innovative ideas in support of these strategies
- Ensure the organisational relationships are in place between the faculty and central services to deliver high-quality and creative public relations, and other external and internal communications
- Demonstrate excellent written communications skills and set standards for communications within the faculty
- As the first point of contact for the faculty, provide a functional leadership role within the faculty for all communications disciplines, including web development, drawing on communications colleagues as required
- Lead the quality control of editorial and brand to ensure appropriate content, messaging, tone and consistency in all communications from the faculty
- Display clear, authoritative and sensitive spokespersonship in media relations
- Lead of the identification of evaluation criteria for faculty communications
- Evaluate the effectiveness of faculty communications against objectives, learning lessons and comparing with industry best practice to support the improvement of future strategies
- Report on evaluation to faculty and communications colleagues and senior managers, and share learnings for the benefit of future activities
The Successful Applicant
Candidates must have:
- Significant proven experience of developing and delivering impactful communications activities and campaigns, including developing and delivering research or complex stories
- Proven experience of developing and delivering compelling communications and/or related strategies
- Proven experience of planning integrated communications to meet marketing goals
- Excellent Stakeholder management skills
What's on Offer
- £47-£51K plus great benefits
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPSZ0720212943127Z