MAIN PURPOSE OF POST
To be the first port-of-call for all proactive and reactive media work, working closely with the Communications Manager and the Head of Media Relations.
DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
Leading on proactive and reactive media work
- To be the first point of contact for media and publicity enquiries.
- To be part of the out-of-hours on call rota for media calls.
- To help identify media opportunities and to maximise positive media coverage for Women’s Aid.
- To produce news articles and other promotional copy for Women’s Aid.
- To develop news stories with the public affairs team.
- To identify and interview case studies and media spokespeople and to ensure they are treated in an appropriate and safe manner, in line with our Safeguarding Policy and procedure, escalating any concerns where necessary.
- To work on Women’s Aid internal and external campaigns, providing media support as required.
- To draft marketing copy for the organisation.
- To proof and typeset publications as required.
- To maintain clear and adequate records of work completed; and to produce reports on work programmes and activities as required by management.
- To contribute to team meetings and organisational priorities, to prepare and participate in supervision and appraisal meetings as required.
- To take direction on projects and priorities from your line manager, this may vary from time to time.
- To carry out word-processing, filing, and administrative tasks necessary to comply with the job description, including taking and disseminating minutes of meetings, both external and internal as required.
- To assist in the organisation of meetings, conferences or events organised by Women’s Aid, if required.
- To provide support and assistance to the Media, Communications and Fundraising teams as necessary.
- To abide by all organisational policies, codes of conduct and practices, and to work within a framework of equal opportunities and anti-discriminatory practice.
- To be flexible within the broad remit of the post.
- This job may involve occasional unsocial hours and travel throughout England.