Senior Communications Officer (External Affairs)
Hours: Full time - 37 hours per week
Our client is a forward-thinking housing association, on a mission to build thriving, sustainable communities where people can live happily in a home they can afford.
With 19,000 homes, they work right across the Oxford to Cambridge Arc. As one of the top 25 Housing Association developers in the country, they are committed to delivering high-quality affordable housing to those who need it the most.
Their customers are at the core of everything they do. Every employee plays an important part in ensuring they provide the best possible customer experience, ultimately helping people love where they live.
This exciting new role will lead the successful implementation of their new external affairs strategy as well as supporting communications across their business. An excellent ambassador, you will lead their reputation management and develop strong, authentic ideas across a range of media platforms to positively influence and engage their audiences. Creative, influential, and able to execute clear plans, you will help them become known as the leading housing provider in the Oxford to Cambridge Arc.
You will be joining a company that values its talented teams and has been voted as a Great Place to Work by its employees.
What you will be doing:
- Lead in the development and delivery of their stakeholder engagement strategy including managing meetings with MPs and local influencers.
- Research and use relevant analysis to develop strong stakeholder relationships.
- Advising on PR activity, media relations and crisis communication across bpha.
- Collaborate with internal departments and provide advice to senior management.
- Support the communications team in providing engaging, relevant and effective communications for all our audiences.
They’d love to meet someone with:
- An established background in stakeholder relations, communications and PR.
- The ability to manage a variety of projects simultaneously and adapt to change.
- Excellent influencing skills and the ability to constructively challenge the status quo.
- Experience of developing and delivering a range of communications including press releases and case studies.
- Able to meet deadlines and strategic goals in a fast-paced environment.
- Confident and articulate manner when communicating with people at all levels.
- Confident and proficient in using social media channels effectively.
Amongst what they offer you is:
- A competitive salary of £35,700
- 28 days holiday plus Bank Holiday
- A generous contributory pension scheme
- Private health care
- Free life assurance
- Access to an extensive suite of wellbeing services and tools including a digital gym
- Opportunities for learning and development
- Discounted gym membership
- Retail discount scheme
The successful candidate will need to complete a basic DBS application.
Closing date: 11th August 2021
Interviews will take place throughout the recruitment campaign so please apply asap.
They reserve the right to close this recruitment if it is deemed that they have received a suitable number of applications. On this basis they would advise that applications are submitted as soon as possible.
*The role will initially be based from home due to the pandemic but will revert to a combination of office and home working once it is safe to do so.