Our giving team are expected to deliver the highest levels of service to those who choose to give with us, being the voice of Stewardship on the phones and by email, attending to our givers needs and helping them to give generously to the causes they care about.
Working with our Giving Performance Manager, you will provide additional support to the team while our Head of Giving is on maternity leave.
You’ll take responsibility for line managing our customer service agents (Giving Stewards) and ensure that we continue to maintain standards of service, track and resolve issues for those wanting to manage giving themselves from our online accounts, and handle escalating queries for resolution.
Your care and coaching of our team, ownership of issues until resolution, and attention to detail will help us make every gift count.
To include, but not limited to:
- Regular monitoring of the customer service performance of the team, alongside the Giving Performance Manager; ensuring our customer service is kept to an excellent standard to over 30,000 givers. This includes regularly reviewing our internal SLA’s and team targets, problem-solving and regular contact with the core customer service team.
- Coaching and support to the customer service team, providing feedback on performance and acting as a point of escalation when issues emerge or problems can’t be resolved as planned.
People management and Coaching
- Line manage members of the Giving team; regular one to ones, quarterly reviews and objective setting, challenging and working through issues, and bringing out the best in them.
- Coaching and empowering a young team; you will be their main support and ensuring that target and KPI’s are being met.
- Identifying training & development needs to improve the team skills and ultimately the customer service that we provide.
Collaboration with our growth and technology teams
- Working with our internal teams in assisting in the growth and development of customer service products and software, such as Omni-channel contact management systems, to increase our output to givers and to enhance their overall giving experience.
- Connecting the giving service to our product development, ensuring new features, fixes and updates are accurately tested by our service teams before being made live, and feedback from customers is captured and fed back appropriately.
- Involvement in communication campaigns, reviewing outgoing communications and changes to existing communications, and working alongside the Giving Performance manager to determine opportunities.
Team operations and budgets
- Closely monitor the service team expenses, alongside the Giving Performance Manager, and manage approval of invoices and other financial administration, as required.
- Other duties – as directed by the Chief Generosity Officer.