Individual Giving Manager
Opera North is looking for an Individual Giving Manager to lead on the Company’s fundraising relationships with individuals, generating income through membership schemes and philanthropy.
Individual Giving Manager Responsibilities:
Working in conjunction with the Head of Development, Director of External Affairs and the Development Committee, you will be responsible for managing relationships with current supporters, as well as developing new initiatives, identifying prospects, and generating income.
From devising engaging fundraising campaigns, delivering stewardship which takes the donor to the heart of the Company, and creating extraordinary events; you’ll be part an impactful organisation helping us tell a unique story through music and performance. You will join a team that works collaboratively, creatively, and strategically, but always with a focus on our Company’s objectives.
As we prepare to move back into our home in central Leeds, following the £18m Music Works capital redevelopment, you will have the opportunity to reimagine individual giving at Opera North, creating and delivering dynamic philanthropy and membership campaigns which will be enhanced by our new world class facilities.
Individual Giving Manager Requirements:
You will have demonstrable professional fundraising experience and experience of maintaining long-term professional stakeholder relationships. You should also be a confident communicator and have previous experience/knowledge of CRM systems.
- A sophisticated understanding and experience of fundraising
- Experience of maintaining long term professional and stakeholder relationships
- Demonstrable experience of working in a fundraising environment,
- with direct contact with individual donors and supporters
- Understanding and experience of delivering excellent cultivation and stewardship
- Driven and proactive approach to agreeing and meeting income targets
- Experience in using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge and understanding of CRM systems (useful if experience of Spektrix)
- Fundraising training or qualifications
- Ability to understand and translate complex information to a variety of audiences and to package up different elements of Opera North’s work into attractive funding proposals– in both written and verbal form
- Good problem solving and risk management skills
About Opera North:
Opera North creates extraordinary experiences every day, using music and opera to entertain, engage, challenge and inspire.
Location: Leeds, West Yorkshire
Type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 pa
Closing Date: Sunday 25 July
Interviews via Zoom: Wednesday 28 and Thursday 29 July
All employees are expected to provide proof of their right to work in the UK before or on their first day of employment.
You may have experience of the following: Individual Giving Officer, Acquisition, Charity, Charities, Third Sector, Fundraising Officer, Business Development, Direct Marketing, Campaign Management, Supporter Engagement, Individual Giving Manager, Charity, Third Sector, NFP, Not for Profit etc.
Ref: 100 912