Administrative & Grants Officer
The Centre for Social Justice (CSJ) is a not-for-profit organisation that fights the causes and impact of poverty across the UK. We have built a network of over 400 small grassroots charitable organisations which enable us to learn from those who understand the true nature of poverty and work to help people reach their potential.
We are looking for an Administrative & Grants Officer to join our team in London. This is a full-time role, however, hours are negotiable for the right candidate.
- Competitive salary DOE
- 25 days’ holiday per annum (plus Bank Holidays and additional time off between Christmas and New Year)
- Flexible working conditions
- Tenancy deposit and season ticket loan scheme
- Excellent team culture
This is the ideal role for a proven administrator with knowledge and understanding of the voluntary sector to advance their career with our not-for-profit organisation.
This is a varied and rewarding role where no two days will be the same, meaning you will be able to grow professionally and develop your knowledge and experience.
So, if you are seeking variety and challenge and want to work for an organisation striving to bring about change and address the root causes of poverty, we want to hear from you.
As an Administrative & Grants Officer, you will provide support and administration services to the charities and donors we work with and enable their charitable giving.
Reporting to the Managing Director, you will undertake a variety of administrative activities including handling telephone and email enquiries, preparing and compiling reports and statistics for various stakeholders and managing the post. You will help maintain and update websites and social media, when required, and assist with events management for key events on an ad hoc basis.
You will act as a point of contact for Trustees and provide support with governance functions. You will also maintain the grants database for applications and funding programmes and perform initial checks for eligibility.
Additionally, you will:
- Support the financial administration of charitable giving
- Assist with processing grant awards, confirming receipt of funds and liaising with the Finance Team
- Produce grants reports from the database as required
- Work with the Grants Team to ensure impact stories, grant listings and grant data are up to date on relevant websites
To join us as an Administrative & Grants Officer, you will need:
- Previous experience of working in an administrative role
- The ability to develop and maintain robust systems and processes
- The ability to manage social media
- To be IT literate and proficient in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge and understanding of the voluntary sector
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to work on multiple tasks, to short deadlines and under pressure
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- The ability to manage complex and confidential information with absolute discretion and a high degree of personal integrity
- A commitment to excellence and high standards of professionalism with an exceptional work ethic
Experience of working with databases would be desirable.
The closing date for applications is the 31st July 2021.
Other organisations may call this role Administrator, Charity Administrator, Admin Assistant, Office Co-ordinator, Secretary, Receptionist, EA, PA, Personal Assistant, Executive Assistant or Administration Assistant.
Webrecruit and CSJ are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as an Administrative & Grants Officer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.