Assistant Company Secretary (Housing Governance)
Salary: £31,025 - £34,472 per annum (£18,867 - £20,963 pro rata)
12 month fixed term maternity cover
Part time - 22.5 hours per week, full-time applicants considered
Closing Date: 5th August
Interview Date: 10th August
Our client have an exciting opportunity to join their friendly and collaborative team. You would be an Assistant Company Secretary servicing their Group Board and subsidiaries. This is a 12 month maternity cover. They are looking for someone to work 3 days per week, but will also consider full-time applicants.
- You would be responsible for servicing the Group Board and subsidiaries, taking accurate and good quality minutes for all meetings as well as agreeing agendas, making meeting arrangements and ensuring high-quality papers are sent out on time, including writing and editing board papers.
- You would also be responsible for keeping their forward planning documents up-to-date as well as a record of completed governance work so we can make sure we meet all their regulatory requirements and that the Board has oversight of what they need to.
- Acting as Deputy Company Secretary, you would oversee the arrangements for signing and sealing documents, and would support with the various compliance checks that we do each year, including our Regulatory Standards, Code of Governance and Code of Conduct. You would also support with a range of governance activities including board appraisal records and governance policies.
What our client are looking for:
- Governance experience is essential, as well as knowledge of working with Boards.
- A Company Secretarial qualification is desirable but not essential
- Most important is that you have the aptitude to work with stakeholders and other colleagues to maintain a well-organised governance function.
- This vacancy is a fantastic opportunity for someone with excellent organisation skills, a flair for minute-taking and good written skills.
Our client are flexible on which days and times are worked although most of their meetings take place on a Monday or Tuesday. They are also flexible as to location. They recognised that the pandemic has shifted many people’s approach to work and they have already rewritten our flexible working policy to enable staff to work from home more if they are able to. Many of their office-based staff are looking to split their working week between the home and the office, and with this role they are very open to discussions about a more remote working arrangement if you aren’t local. Their board sessions going forward are likely to be a blend of virtual and in-person meetings and they would expect you to attend those held in their offices.
All their vacancies are open to flexible working arrangements, something they are really proud of. They offer a competitive benefits package including generous leave entitlements and a personal pension scheme. They believe in the benefits of a diverse workforce and strongly welcome applications from those currently under-represented in the organisation, including LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender) people, people with disabilities and people from black, Asian and minority ethnic backgrounds.
Our client are currently the largest provider of social housing in the Broxbourne area, owning and managing almost 5000 properties in Hertfordshire and Essex. Their aim is to provide safe and secure homes for their customers and strengthen their local community whilst delivering excellent customer service.
#AssistantCompanySecretary #Housingjobs #Governancejobs #Hoddesdon #Broxbourne #housing #recruiting #Careers #hiring