Pet Health Advisor / Driver
London (Covering sites in London Victoria, Merton and Hammersmith)
Blue Cross are one of the UK’s leading rehoming organisations for animals. We support sick, injured and homeless pets and care for more than 40,000 animals every year through our rehoming, veterinary and education programmes.
Now, we’re looking for a Pet Health Advisor / Driver to join us on a full-time basis working at our London Animal Hospitals. Our hospitals provide 24/7 veterinary care for pets whose owners can’t afford private veterinary fees.
- Salary of £18,259 - £19,460 plus £3,954 London Weighting Allowance per annum
- Pension scheme
- Company sick pay
- Life insurance (after probationary period)
- Employee assistance programme, including a 24/7 confidential counselling line, support with personal issues and financial advice
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Eye Tests
- Flexible working
- Enhanced parental/maternity/paternity leave, holiday exchange, volunteer days and sabbatical leave
- Long service awards and Blue Cross Spirit Awards
- Develop your career with a charity that’s been supporting animals since 1897
If you have experience caring for or handling animals and working in a reception or front of house capacity, this is the perfect opportunity to join our organisation and help us deliver fantastic care and advice to pets and their owners.
No two days will be the same in this busy but rewarding role and you will have the chance to grow your skill set whilst gaining invaluable experience in looking after the pets in our care.
So, if you are passionate about animals and are looking for a role where you can improve the lives of pets and their owners, we would love to hear from you.
As a Pet Health Advisor / Driver, you will be responsible for ensuring the effective delivery of our services to support the best outcomes for our patients and their owners.
In this varied role, you will act as the link between clients and the clinical team and build strong relationships with clients, their pets and all members of the hospital teams. You will provide a friendly welcoming service, assist with client queries within the hospitals and support a busy reception area.
You will drive our pet ambulances in a safe and professional manner across London and beyond, transporting animals, medicines and completing vehicle maintenance checks.
Additionally, you will support clients with their queries, both face to face and over the phone, and assess appropriate solutions for their pets.
With no two days the same, you will work across all our sites in London Victoria, Merton and Hammersmith and co-ordinate mobile services for eligible clients.
To join us as Pet Health Advisor / Driver, you will need:
- Experience of caring for and/or handling animals
- Experience of working in a busy reception and/or front of house environment
- Experience of dealing and interacting with a wide variety of the general public and their enquiries, both face to face and over the phone
- An understanding of IT functions including Word, Outlook, Excel and social media
- An understanding of the importance of a clean, comfortable environment for animals
- The ability to travel to any of the three London Blue Cross sites as and when required
- A good standard of secondary education including English and Mathematics at GCSE or equivalent
- A full, clean driving licence and a confident ability to drive our Blue Cross vans
Previous experience of working in the charity and/or voluntary sector would be beneficial, as would previous experience of working in a busy hospital and/or clinic environment. A qualification in Animal Care or similar would be advantageous, as would a qualification in customer service or similar.
An understanding of confidentiality and Data Protection legislation would be desirable, as would an understanding of animal health, wellbeing and behaviour.
This is a full-time role working 42 hours per week on a rota covering weekends, evenings and late shifts, Bank Holidays and on-call. Some home working may also be required. Due to the nature of the work at Blue Cross, it may be necessary to exceed these hours when the workload demands.
The closing date for applications is 25th July 2021 with interviews scheduled for the week commencing 26th July 2021. We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response.
Please be aware that due to the current circumstances with COVID-19, interviews will be held via Microsoft Teams.
The salary for this role is a Grade: 5.2
To apply for this role, all candidates are required to complete the online application process. Please read the job description to find out more.
Other organisations may call this role Veterinary Receptionist, Veterinary Nurse, Veterinary Assistant, Client Care Advisor, or Animal Care Assistant.
Blue Cross holds inclusion as a core organisational value. We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified, experienced and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status or pregnancy and maternity. We actively embrace our differences and know that it is our differences that make us unique. You are very welcome at Blue Cross, without the need to hide any part of who you are.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Pet Health Advisor / Driver, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.