HR Business Partner (12 Month FTC)
Cardiff (with the flexibility to work from home)
United Purpose is a movement of people and organisations that strive to end poverty and inequality across the globe. We are a leader in community-led development and grassroots innovation and for over 40 years we have worked with frontline activists, community organisations and individuals to support people to gain control over their own lives.
We are currently looking for an HR Business Partner to join our organisation on a 12 month fixed term contract to cover a period of maternity leave.
- Salary of £30,670 - £33,520 per annum
- Home-working options
- Pension (6% contribution)
- 25 days’ holiday plus three day Christmas shutdown
- Increase your experience in the charity sector
If you are a Member of the CIPD and have senior-level HR experience, this is a fantastic opportunity to take an active role in the management of our Human Resource department and contribute to creating a successful and supportive work environment.
You will help drive improvements and positively impact our working culture, whilst ensuring we maintain excellent high standards in all areas of the HR function.
So, if you want to play an important role on the personnel elements of an organisation striving to end poverty and inequality across the globe, we want to hear from you.
As an HR Business Partner, you will lead our human resource function and plan, implement and enhance UK and international employee relations and HR policies and practices.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, you will support our organisation through a process of restructure and organisational change. You will help identify opportunities and areas of improvement for both organisational and people performance and develop HR initiatives to support organisational needs.
This role will span all elements of the HR function including leadership and management development, employee relations, resource planning, recruitment and compliance and safeguarding.
Specifically, you will:
- Lead on strategic development in the areas of HR and wellbeing organisation wide
- Develop best practice and consistent UK Policies and Procedures to drive performance and mitigate disputes
- Co-ordinate the recruitment process for UK and international positions
- Ensure that the safeguarding policy and reporting channels are known, understood and used by staff
To join us as an HR Business Partner, you will need:
- Experience of working at a similar business partnering level within a fast-paced environment
- Experience of supporting an organisation through growth and restructure
- Excellent knowledge of employment legislation in all areas and the ability to put this knowledge into practice
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills with attention to detail
- To be a team-player, prepared to get involved in a range of activities
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a genuine interest in staff wellbeing
- A commitment to United Purpose’s values and a working style that reflects these
- A degree qualification in Human Resource Management or equivalent and CIPD certification
Knowledge and understanding of current issues and trends in safeguarding in the international development context would be beneficial to your application, as would experience of working within a global cross-cultural organisation.
The closing date for applications is 5pm on the 1st August 2021.
Other organisations may call this role HRBP, Human Resources Business Partner, HR Manager, HR Operations Manager, HR Partner, HR Manager, Human Resources Manager, or Human Resources Partner.
United purpose takes the safety and well-being of all those we work with, and our staff, very seriously and we have a zero-tolerance policy on any form of abuse. Our commitment to protect people from harm is reflected in our safeguarding policy which all candidates are expected to comply with.
Webrecruit and United Purpose are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as an HR Business Partner, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.