Community Resilience Strategic Lead (Social Housing)
Salary: £45,000 per annum
Full time, Permanent
Closing Date: 10th August
Our client are ‘more than a landlord.’ As a placed based housing association they are committed to both place shaping and data driven decisions; aligning their resources to deliver the best possible outcomes for residents. As part of our work in neighbourhoods, they are taking a key role in the local community to improve outcomes for customers and communities. You will ensure they are a key player and influencer shaping communities and working to improve life outcomes. You will be the strategic lead on an exciting new programme of initiatives and activities which increase their customer’s social capital, reduce feelings of loneliness and isolation and improve their health and wellbeing. You will be responsible for ensuring strong and effective partnership relationships with stakeholders that help them to improve social inequalities by ensuring effective joint working at a neighbourhood level.
Making it happen
- Be the strategic lead and work closely with the delivery team to design and implement their social purpose activities with a commitment to their leadership values.
- Oversee their operational stakeholder relationships working with colleagues to ensure they effectively communicate key corporate messages.
- Use data to proactively set up systems to enable teams to understand trends around vulnerability, resilience and customer risk working with operational teams to put robust action plans in place
- Find partnership opportunities to resolve the ‘full picture,’ root cause issues that affect customer’s life outcomes (such as employability, health inequality, social isolation)
- Set up a framework to ensure they are able to record and understand customer resilience and reduce socialdeprivation and support customer wellbeing and resilience in a post-pandemic environment
- Engage with stakeholders and partners to seek funding opportunities and stretch resources, collaborating to seek maximum impact from resources across local agencies
- Devise a clear strategy and lead on their ambitions to work collaboratively with colleagues in health to achieve better health outcomes for their customers
You will also:
- Work closely with their Strategic Data Lead and Neighbourhood and Social Investment Manager to achieve the best possible options for their customers.
A basic must!
As a leader, you will be expected to be collaborative, empowering and engage colleagues. This will require visibility, determination as well as an open and honest approach in all that you do
- A proven ability to lead, motivate, develop and manage a team
- Experience and understanding of their communities and the partner organisations they work alongside
- A relevant qualification or experience of working with disadvantaged communities, with a focus on health and wellbeing, deprivation or education.
- Significant experience of developing, delivering and evaluating community-based projects.
- UK Driving licence and access to vehicle for work.
Our clients story
In 2003 the council homes in North Hertfordshire were transferred to a new housing association with the aim of improving tenants’ homes and creating the capability to build more affordable housing.
The change reflects how they have evolved as an organisation with a clear identity and a passion for delivering more high-quality affordable homes. As the name suggests we want customers to be able to settle – to find somewhere they can establish themselves, create a life, a community and prosper.
Getting the basics right, creating a great customer experience and delivering new homes to meet local needs are what makes settle a great housing association. This doesn’t happen by chance – they focus on neighbourhoods, helping with employment and support and by tackling loneliness.
The commitment, passion and care that their colleagues demonstrate every day is what makes them special. They are proud to work in social housing, they care deeply about the lives of their tenants and how they can help, and they are committed to making themselves the housing association in Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire.
What our client offer:
- A competitive salary
- Generous holiday allowance
- Stakeholder pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Health care cash plan
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Counselling sessions
- Training and development opportunities
- Flexible working
- Corporate performance pay award