This is a new role to develop our Philanthropic Giving Programme, taking our Trust and Corporate income to the next level and setting up and implementing a major giving programme. You will be working closely with the Head of Fundraising and also the Chief Executive to manage existing relationships as well as cultivating new partnerships and relationships.
As we reach our 5 year anniversary, this is an exciting time to join SRUK, building on the work we have achieved to date and helping deliver our plans for longer-term growth.
You will manage the delivery of an annual work plan and pipeline for our corporate and trusts fundraising programmes, to grow income from both income streams. This will include time-sensitive corporate and trusts appeals and longer-term applications, appeals and partnerships. You will research and make approaches, pitches, submissions and applications to corporate organisations and charitable trusts and foundations
Working with the Head of Fundraising & Communications, you will play a key part in developing plans for implementing a major donor programme, including cultivation and stewardship of new and existing relationships.
Donor focussed and a problem solver, you will have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be someone who enjoys developing strong relationships both with colleagues and supporters alike.
If you are looking to take the next step in your philanthropy fundraising career then this is the perfect opportunity for you to bring and develop your expertise, working independently and as part of a supportive team.
Main Purpose: To develop our Philanthropic Giving Programme, taking our Trust and Corporate income to the next level and setting up and implementing a major giving programme. Building a sustainable pipeline of new and existing funders and cultivating both long-term and short-term partnerships. Working across the team to produce compelling case for support materials and applications.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Planning and strategy
- To contribute to the implementation of the Fundraising Strategy, by preparing plans for Trusts, Corporate and Major Donors which link into the overall strategy, budget and targets
- To report on the progress of these plans throughout the year.
- Manage a robust prospect pipeline for major donors, corporates and trusts and foundations to ensure we have a long-term sustainable programme of support across the three streams.
- To manage the development of income from Trusts and Foundations, and Corporates, building on established relationships and sourcing new potential funders and partners, through research and creating applications and proposals.
- Build the Major Donors income stream putting together appeals and campaigns and robust stewardship plans.
- Develop, write and submit compelling proposals and applications of the highest standard to secure both restricted and unrestricted funding.
- Work with the Head of Fundraising & Communications to facilitate relationships with potential funders across the UK.
- Establish a sustainable programme of support combining regular smaller appeals/asks with larger restricted appeals and applications.
- To develop and identify new opportunities with major donors, trusts and foundations in line with fundraising strategy. This will include leading and supporting approaches to new prospects.
- In line with our culture of putting the supporter first - using tailored, bespoke and innovative ways of stewarding to maximise impact.
- Reporting back to funders - ensuring that report deadlines are met and that criteria for funding is monitored and evaluated throughout the course of the funding.
- Thanking appropriately and ensuring support is publicised, recognised, recorded in annual report as appropriate
- Cultivation - work with the Head of Fundraising & Communications to plan events, meetings and opportunities to showcase our work to potential and existing donors.
Partnerships/ Key stakeholders
- Work collaboratively with colleagues from across the organisation to develop innovative project proposals to secure funding in line with the organisational strategy.
- Work collaboratively with Individual Giving Fundraiser and Community & Events Fundraiser to develop prospects and overarching campaigns/ appeals
- Work with the Chief Executive and Head of Fundraising & Communications to ensure that all partners and funders are managed appropriately ad all communications via our various channels are centrally managed.
Policy and Procedure
- Ensure all necessary donation administration is accurately assigned, ensuring that high standards of financial and donor records are kept, the supporter database is maintained and all activities are conducted in line with the current GDPR rules, legislation relating to charitable activities and SRUK policies.
- Ensure effective and accurate recording of partnership working and ensure information held is accurate and up to date
- Ensure the database of major donor, corporate and trust supporters and prospects is up-to-date, accurate and GDPR compliant.
- Keep up to date with fundraising legislation and codes of practice
- To undertake any other works as could be expected of a Senior Philanthropy Fundraiser.