OPEN MENTAL HEALTH
Wincanton, South Somerset
Open Mental Health is a Somerset Alliance of local Voluntary Community and Social Enterprise (VCSE) organisations and the NHS, working with Somerset County Council.
Our shared ambition is to ensure that people living with mental health problems get the right support at the right time. Working together, we support people to live a full life, by enabling access to specialist mental health services, housing support, debt and employment advice, volunteering opportunities, community activities and physical exercise, to help support and improve people’s wellbeing and quality of life.
The Operations Manager will be responsible for the oversight and effective delivery of Open Mental Health work across South Somerset. This includes Family Safeguarding.
You will be working with a small Recovery and Wellbeing Worker team who bring different approaches and specialisms to support individuals and families experiencing the effects of mental ill health.
Our model makes use of social and therapeutic interventions that are not clinical in nature but are undertaken with the benefit of a clinical background, experience and training. You will be responsible for the line management of a small team of Recovery and Wellbeing Workers, working as part of multidisciplinary teams, including NHS partners, social workers and VCSE partners.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work in Open Mental Health in Somerset and help create the new countywide model of Recovery and Wellbeing.
The purpose of the job is to manage and be accountable for the effective delivery of a range of VCSE services and activities that support people’s mental health, across South Somerset, in partnership with Somerset NHS Foundation Trust. This will involve the day to day and line management and support of a small team of Recovery and Wellbeing Workers providing both generalised and specialist support. It will also require the establishment of good working relationships with the wider ‘eco-system’ of community and Voluntary Sector support in the district. The post holder will bring understanding and experience of clinical and social determinants of mental health.
To apply please select the apply button shown.
The Main Responsibilities of the Post Holder are to:
- Manage and support the Balsam Centre’s Open Mental Health Team for South Somerset, including line management and annual appraisal
- Understand and implement the Open Voluntary Sector offer for South Somerset
- Have up to date knowledge of child and adult safeguarding principles and procedures
- Work constructively and creatively with other team members and partners to meet the agreed targets and outcomes of Open Mental Health and of Family Safeguarding
- Escalate any clinical risk to Somerset Foundation Trust in line with agreed protocols
- Share information according to agreed protocols, always working within the boundaries of confidentiality and Data Security and Protection
- Measure and report on impact of interventions and support
- Keep abreast of mental health, wellbeing and related and relevant therapeutic matters, initiatives and policy at local and national level. Be responsible for own CPD
- By agreement and negotiation with relevant parties (as necessary) use the resources of the community, natural, physical and human, to further the development of Recovery and Wellbeing activities
- Take on any other duties which may reasonably be requested to further the aims of Open Mental Health or The Balsam Centre
- Substantial mental health and therapeutic experience and associated qualifications.
- Leadership and/or management experience
- A proven, successful track record in, and substantial experience of, multi-disciplinary team working in a mental health or wellbeing environment
- Experience of working with complexity and of using a trauma informed approach
- Experience of working with people with multiple needs (e.g. mental health, domestic abuse, alcohol/drug dependency, long term conditions)
- Knowledge of safeguarding policies and procedures relating to adults, children and young people
- Excellent people and communication skills
- Excellent time management and flexibility
- Ability to function effectively both independently and as a member of the team
- A clean and current driving licence and access to a vehicle
Job Title: Operations Manager for OPEN Mental Health and Family Safeguarding
Responsible to: Chief Executive Officer of the Balsam Centre
Base: Location in South Somerset, to be agreed
Salary: £33,000 p.a. pro rata
Term: Fixed term contract to end of March 2023 with possibility of extension
Working Hours: 25 hrs a week
Annual Leave: 28 days
Probationary Period: 3 months
Notice: 2 months
Expenses: Mileage allowance for occasional car use
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as an Operations Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.