Service Team Manager
We are looking for a motivated and creative individual, who really cares about supporting the mental health and wellbeing of others. This is an exciting opportunity for a Team Manager to lead the operational day to day delivery and running of the Crisis Cove and deputising for the Service Manager as appropriate.
Position: Team Manager - Mental Health
Location: Brent, Harrow, Kensington & Chelsea and Westminster
Hours: 39 hours per week
Salary: £32,004 per year rising to £32,769 per annum, after 1 year and successful probation
Benefits: Company Mobile Phone, Company Pension, Employee Discounts, Generous Holiday, Flexible Working Environment, In House Training, Progression Opportunities, Recognised Qualifications.
Closing Date: 30th July
Interview Date: Please note that although the closing date for this vacancy is 30 July 2021, in order to avoid disappointment please apply at your earliest convenience as we will be interviewing candidates on a rolling basis
The Team Manager will be supported by the Service Manager in the running and strategic development of the charity’s Brent or Kensington’s Crisis Cove in line with the contractual requirements. The operational hours of the service are evenings/nights, including weekends and on bank holidays, 365 days per year.
Working closely with the Service Manager, you will ensure:
- Recovery Workers and Peer Support Workers listen and support people to de-escalate their immediate situation empowering them to develop self-management techniques
- The development, implementation and maintenance of partnerships and engagement strategies for the Cove
- Service performance related to the contract requirements for the Cove including analysis of KPIs, outcomes and user experience measures
- The development and implementation of both of the Cove’s annual Business Plan and Equality plan
As Team Manager you will have experience of managing services for people with mental health and complex needs along with experience of:
- Recruitment, induction, supervision, motivation, appraisal, training, discipline and grievance issues
- Performance monitoring and delivering consistently high service user standards
- Managing complex budgets
- Understanding of Mental Health Crisis Management and the delivery of services to meet their needs and aspirations including working with peer support workers
- Excellent knowledge of Community Care, Mental health, Health and Safety and welfare benefits legislation (including welfare reform)
- Understanding of working in partnership with statutory mental health services
- Knowledge of methods of assessing, formulating, implementing, recording, reviewing and monitoring service user support and assessment plans
- Able to use computer systems including case management systems to create accurate reports audit staff ability to use computer systems to record client data accurately and to a high standard
Demonstrable experience of managing services for people for people with mental health and complex needs is essential for this role.
When applying please see the Person Specification and show how you meet the criteria.
So if you want to work for an organisation that offers a culture of learning and development, with access to an extensive range of learning and development opportunities as well as genuine career progression… apply today!
About the Organisation
The charity supports adults and children in crisis across London and the surrounding regions, as well as campaigning and advocating nationally on the issues that affect them. This includes victims of modern slavery, women and children who have experienced domestic abuse, young care leavers and older people. From giving someone a home, to helping them to get the right mental health support, the organisation supports people at the moment of crisis and enables them to build a life beyond crisis.
Applications from candidates with lived experience are welcomed, the organisation is proud to be a Disability Confident employer.
You may also have experience in areas such as Mental Health, Vulnerable Adult, Crisis, Rapid Response, Refuge, Service, Service Manager, Service Team Leader, Recovery Worker, Peer Support, Day Centre, Centre Manager, Complex Needs, Mental Health Crisis, Community Care, Welfare, Benefits, Team Manager, Service Team Manager, Crisis, Advice, Health, Mental Health, Support Service, Social Care, Care, Community Care, Outreach, Recovery Worker, Peer Support Worker, Engagement, Community Engagement, Partnerships Manager, Relationship Manager, Operations, Service Operations, Operations Team Manager.