Chair of Audit and Risk Committee
Kents Hill, Milton Keynes
£8,500 per annum
Non Executive role
One term of 3 years plus 3 terms of 1 year up to a maximum of 6 years
Would you thrive in a role that is making a real difference to people’s lives in your region?
Our client is more than just a financially strong Housing Association, they are making an impact on the housing crisis, supporting sustainable communities and providing life-long homes for their customers. They provide additional, critical services to support the most vulnerable but they also build shared ownership and outright sales for those who want to get on the property ladder.
About the role:
They have an exciting opportunity for a Board Member to join their team. It will be your responsibility to lead the Audit and Risk Committee in providing detailed scrutiny on the areas of the business including risk, internal audit and legislative compliance, for onward recommendation to the Board.
Your role will involve:
- Ensuring the Committee operates within its Terms of Reference and adheres to the NHF Code of Governance
- Producing a Chair’s summary of each Audit and Risk meeting to feedback to Board, ensuring recommendations for approval by Board are presented
- Overseeing the Committee’s annual effectiveness review, ensuring all members input to the process
- Ensuring the integrity of the financial information, approving the business plan, stress tests, annual budget and the annual accounts prior to submission and publication
- Being responsible for the efficient conduct of the Committee’s business
- Agreeing agendas for Committee meetings in consultation with the lead member of staff, taking account of emerging issues and concerns
- Demonstrating commitment, by regular attendance
- Keeping up to date with the housing sector, its operating environment and its regulatory standards
What they’re looking for:
- A relevant recognised qualification
- A track record which demonstrates experience of creating and implementing successful strategies for the delivery of business objectives
- Held roles chairing independent boards/committees
- Experienced accountant with understanding of housing finance
- Experience of developing business plans
- Experience of treasury management and seeking funding
- Working experience of risk management and mitigation approaches
- Knowledge of working in a customer facing organisation delivering high standards of service
- Good interpersonal skills and communication skills
- Ability to work constructively and cooperatively with the wider business teams
You will need to be able to prepare for and attend a minimum of four Board meetings a year, four Committee meetings, two Strategy days plus additional “virtual” meetings, conference calls or ad hoc meetings as required.
What’s in it for you?
- £8,500 per annum payable monthly
- Payment of expenses and travel/mileage
- Learning and development opportunities
- You get to work with a great team
You are just one click away from starting your journey with them…
They are committed to implementing their Belonging Strategy and are proactive about safeguarding vulnerable adults and children.