Training & Events Executive
UK Theatre Association (UK Theatre) works with, and on behalf of, our Members to promote excellence, professional development, and campaign to improve resilience and increase audiences across the theatre sector.
We are now seeking a Training & Events Executive to join us on a full-time basis working 35 hours per week.
- Salary of £32,000 - £35,000 per year, depending on experience
- 22 days' annual leave
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance scheme
- Income protection scheme
If you are an experienced training and events planner and are looking to take the next step in your career, this is a great opportunity to join the UK’s leading theatre and performing arts membership organisation.
You will be playing an integral role in the delivery of great programmes and events that help support individuals working offstage in the performing arts and develop their professional skills. As the theatre sector in the UK prepares to make a huge comeback, you’ll have the chance to help develop engaging, practical and informative content for live and online events to help strengthen the skillset of individuals and organisations.
So, if you are looking for a varied and exciting role where you can make a positive impact, we want to hear from you.
As UK Theatre’s Training & Events Executive, you will be responsible for the delivery of our annual programme of events and training courses.
Reporting to and working closely with the Head of UK Theatre & Workforce Development, you will research, plan, co-ordinate and deliver training courses, webinars and conferences in-person and online. You will oversee our learning website and increase our engagement offer by developing online tutorials, filmed seminars and regional/themed forums.
Additionally, you will:
- Identify and assess the training and development needs of the theatre and performing arts sector workforce
- Develop our mentoring programme into an initiative that supports and develops currently under-represented groups
- Monitor income and expenditure against agreed budgets
- Oversee bookings and event set-ups, with support from our Events & Team Administrator
- Research, maintain and develop potential partnership opportunities
To join us as a Training & Events Executive, you will need:
- Demonstrable experience of planning and delivering training and events
- Knowledge of programming events including researching speakers and content/themes
- The ability to tailor verbal and written communication for B2B audiences
- A good understanding of managing costs and budgets
- Commitment to, and understanding of, issues relating to diversity and inclusion
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
- To be self-motivated and able to manage multiple priorities and work to tight deadlines
Additional skills and experience in these areas below would be useful, but they are not essential for your application:
- Experience of developing training needs analysis
- Competency with financial processes including reporting and processing payments
- Experience of using website Content Management Systems (CMS) to manage and publish content
- Experience of writing and creating emails and scheduling email-marketing campaigns
- Up-to-date knowledge of best practice in events, conferences and training
- Knowledge of UK theatre industry
Other organisations may call this role Event Planner, Training Events Co-ordinator, Learning and Development Programme Co-ordinator, Events and Programming Co-ordinator, Events Co-ordinator, or Membership Events Co-ordinator.
Please note, unsuccessful candidates will not be contacted.
Webrecruit and SOLT/UK Theatre are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
For the first part of this application process, we will only be using your answers to the questions we’ve set to assess which applicants most meet our candidate criteria. We won’t be looking at any of your personal details or your CV. We do this so that we are only assessing your ability to do the job based on the information you give in your answers, and not on your schooling or previous employment, to make the application process as fair as possible.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Training & Events Executive, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.