Full - Time - 37.5 hours a week ( Flexible & Part-Time working offered by agreement )
Leeds Hospitals Charity
Leeds Hospitals Charity is proud to support Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust. The Trust comprises seven hospitals and a dental institute, including Leeds General Infirmary, St James’s University Hospital, Leeds Children’s Hospital and Leeds Cancer Centre. At Leeds Hospitals Charity, we work with NHS staff to improve the experience of patients and families. We are passionate about healthcare and about making our hospitals amazing.
Reporting to the Head of Relationship Fundraising, the Major Gifts and Trusts Manager will oversee and develop strategic relationships with major donors and trust foundations, to secure vital funds for our hospitals and NHS staff. The role will be responsible for line managing the Trusts and Foundations Officer, including overall responsibility for delivering the major donor and trusts and foundations income lines. Pivotal to the role, will be the ability to cultivate and nurture relationships with current and potential major donors, to secure gifts for projects and planned programmes of work, in line with the charity’s strategy and vision.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has proven experience in maximising income by engaging, managing and inspiring individual major supporters, volunteers, board members and other stakeholders where appropriate.
- Has the ability to manage and grow the prospect pipeline by identifying new potential supporters.
- Can manage a budget with varying income lines including budget setting, forecasting and analysis.
- Has experience of setting up internal systems and processes, including database use and management, to ensure all major donors and prospects are appropriately developed and supported.
- Has carried out research through a range of sources, including working with hospital staff and service providers, to obtain relevant information to create highly engaging cases for support and contribute to proposals, applications, donor strategies and fundraising communications.
- Has the ability to carry out due diligence assessments when prospecting for potential major donors.
- Has had responsibility for high- value events such as coordinating invitations, acting as primary contact for individuals concerned and working alongside a Communications Team to help and influence the production of related marketing material.
- Has recent line management experience.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the motivations for major giving.
- Have direct knowledge or experience of trusts & foundations fundraising.
- Have significant experience of supporting teams to maximise donor relationships.
- Be able to manage multiple projects, identifying conflicting demands and establishing clear priorities in order to meet agreed objectives and income.
- Possess excellent communication skills with an ability to be persuasive, influential and credible with all audiences.
- Have an acute attention to detail in all areas.
- Be IT literate, including proficiency in Microsoft Office packages.
- Have an understanding of and be able to demonstrate the Leeds Hospitals Charity values.
To apply for this position, please send a copy of your up-to-date CV with a covering letter.
Closing date for application is Monday 26th July 2021.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to provide feedback at the shortlisting stage. If you have not heard back from us within 4 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.