Bedford (home based)
Full Time (37 hours per week)
Fixed Term Contract (9 Months) / Secondment
Salary £27,050 plus £2,000 car allowance
Our client is a forward-thinking housing association, on a mission to build thriving communities where people can live happily in a home they can afford.
They work right across the Oxford to Cambridge Arc, and own or manage over 19,000 homes. As one of the top 25 Housing Association developers in the country, we remain committed to delivering high-quality affordable housing to those who need it the most.
They are passionate that our Residents have safe and secure homes in which to live, and their fantastic Home team work closely with them to ensure their tenancies can be sustained. Building relationships, engaging with the communities in which we work and upholding their responsibilities as a good landlord.
Due to an internal promotion, they currently have an exciting opportunity for a Housing Officer to cover the Bedfordshire area.
What you will be doing:
- Providing tenancy and neighbourhood management services
- Reviewing tenants circumstances and making recommendations in respect of future housing options
- Advising tenants of their housing options so they can make informed choices at the end of their tenancies
- Reducing debt owed in rent and service charges
- Managing cases including safeguarding concerns, antisocial behaviour and breaches of tenancy or lease agreements
They’d love to meet someone with:
- Experience from within a housing officer role or a role managing a caseload of vulnerable service users
- The ability to plan and prioritise a busy work schedule
- The ability to communicate effectively at all levels even during difficult situations
- Knowledge or Orchard and / or CRM (advantageous)
- A full driving licence and access to a vehicle for work purposes
Amongst what they offer you is:
- £27,050 plus £2,000 car allowance
- 28 days holiday PLUS Bank Holidays!
- Contributory pension scheme
- Private health care
- Opportunities for development and professional training
- Discounted gym membership
- Retail discount scheme
Please note the successful candidate will be required to complete a basic DBS application and this will need to be returned and verified by bpha before a start date can be provided.
Closing date: Friday 23rd July, 2021
Interview dates: 4th (PM) & 5th (AM) August, 2021
Interviews will be held throughout the recruitment campaign
They reserve the right to close this recruitment if it is deemed that they have received a suitable number of applications. On this basis we would advise that applications are submitted as soon as possible.