Service User Involvement Coordinator
We are looking for a Service User Involvement Coordinator to ensure the views of service users and people with lived experience of mental health inform the development and delivery of services, operations, and ongoing strategy.
You will be working for a mental health charity, who make sure anyone with a mental health problem has somewhere to turn for advice and support; in total over 20,000 people in Oxfordshire access services each year.
Position: Service User Involvement Coordinator
Location: Osney Mead, Oxford, with some travel to locations across Oxfordshire and Berkshire
Salary: NJC 19 – 23 (currently £25,481 - £27,741) per annum pro rata
Hours: 22.5 per week, permanent
Closing Date: 9am 30th July
Interview Date: 9th August
About the role:
Would you like a rewarding role in a leading mental health organisation, supporting people with achieving their goals and improving their wellbeing? You can make a positive difference to people’s lives, be part of an encouraging and experienced team, and access a wide range of development opportunities. If you are caring, understanding, and have a passion for helping others then this role is for you!
The key responsibilities of the Service User Involvement Coordinator are:
- Develop and implement the Involvement Strategy, Policy and Procedure
- Promote the value of service user and potential service user engagement across the organisation
- Equip and support teams with a wide range of best practice tools to listen
- Collaborate with staff and service users to increase the range of service user involvement opportunities available locally, regionally, and nationally.
- Network locally and nationally to share and implement best practise and partnership initiatives
- Train and support service users to be involved in influencing opportunities
- Coordinating and disseminating the annual service user and carer satisfaction surveys
To be successful in the role of Service User Involvement Coordinator you will be motivated, pro-active and supportive, with a strong commitment to person-centred work and service user involvement, you will also need to bring with you the following skills and experience:
- Effectively involving service users in improving services and/or influencing decision makers
- Working collaboratively with staff and managers to improve their involvement and co-production practice
- Thorough understanding of and a passion for coproduction and the benefits it brings
- Excellent communication skills and ability to engage with a range of individuals in a variety of settings
- Experience of developing and implementing strategies, policies and or processes collaboratively with colleagues
As a member of the team you will need to be willing to work flexibly in response to changing organisational requirements and outside of normal office hours on occasion.
Other roles you may have experience of could include: Service User Involvement, Service User Involvement Coordinator, Strategy Coordinator, Policy Coordinator, Strategy and Policy, Engagement, Partnerships and Engagement, Community Engagement, Community Partnerships, Partnerships and Engagement, Service Coordinator, Service Lead, Service Manager, Service Assistant, Services Manager, Services, Services Coordinator, Service Administrator, Service Admin, Services Administrator.