Head of Philanthropy and Grants
£60,000 - £65,000 per year
Home Based - location of this role is entirely flexible
Full time 35 hours per week (Monday to Friday)
We are transforming our approach to major donor, trusts and statutory fundraising. We’ve completed a full audit, reviewed the market and now understand what best practice looks like. We have the backing of our Board and the budget to expand our small and hard-working team. The new Head will build the team, drive the change through and work closely with Directors and Trustees. This is a great opportunity for someone who has the drive, vision and skills to turn theory into practice.
- Lead the new Philanthropy and Grants team.
- Seek out and develop Scope’s offer for this donor audience.
- Work closely with Trustees, Directors and Heads to harness their skills, contacts and support.
- Develop and steward strong relationships with high value supporters and funders, grow their support and exceed their expectations.
- Write up the philanthropy and grants strategy and make it happen.
- You have done this sort of role before and can prove in your application that you meet the essential criteria – this is really important.
- You have the knowledge, vision and expertise to develop the function and the team.
- You are not afraid to take responsibility for doubling the income of your team – not overnight but for the medium and long term.
- You are a tenacious, confident and capable leader.
- You can use your initiative, you know when to ask for support and when to involve others.
- You can oversee the development of propositions that excite and inspire donors.
- You have lived experience of disability, understand the social model of disability and relentlessly champion accessibility and inclusion. OR you are prepared to put the time and effort into learning from and listening to others who can help you get your head around the issues.
Important - we are flexible!
The location of this role is entirely flexible – you can live anywhere in England or Wales and work at home. Some travel to Scope offices and services will be expected but you definitely do not have to live in London. We can juggle start and finish times to ensure this role is accessible if you have mobility issues or caring responsibilities. You do not need a degree.
To apply please visit our website via the link and apply online.
Equality and inclusion are at the heart of our mission and we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace.
We particularly welcome applications from disabled people, and guarantee interviews to disabled applicants who meet the minimum job criteria. Please let us know in your application if you are applying under the Guaranteed Interview Scheme.
If you would prefer an application form or need any of the job information in a different format such as large print or braille. Please contact us via our website