Bid / Proposal Manager (12 Month FTC)
Home based (UK), Bristol office or Nairobi office
About Development Initiatives (DI)
Development Initiatives applies the power of data and evidence to build sustainable solutions.
Our mission is to work closely with partners to ensure data-driven evidence and analysis are used effectively in policy and practice to end poverty, reduce inequality and increase resilience.
While data alone cannot bring about a better world, it is vital to achieving it. Data has the power to unlock insight, shine a light on progress and empower people to increase accountability.
We are now looking for a Bid / Proposal Manager to join us initially on a 12-month fixed term contract.
- Salary of £34,000 - £36,000 per annum (depending on experience)
- Pension scheme
- 25 days’ annual leave
- Up to five days’ paid leave to volunteer for causes that address poverty and help vulnerable people
- Smart casual dress code
if you have experience in bidding for, and winning, large commercial contracts and/or accountable grants within the development sector, this is the ideal position in which to expand your career potential, as well as making a difference to international poverty.
You’ll discover that ours is a great place to work with a culture of transparency and innovation.
Joining a passionate team within a relaxed office environment, you’ll find we offer a comprehensive package with plenty of value-adding benefits as well as perks and extras that make working for us even better.
As a Bid / Proposal Manager, you will be responsible for managing and leading the identification and development of commercial bids and expressions of interest/tenders.
Sitting within the Development team that works to identify and secure new consultancy assignments, grant opportunities and strategic partnership collaborations, you will develop connections with stakeholders and partners and oversee DII’s bid development process, from scoping of opportunity through to submission of bid.
Your role will also involve:
- Co-ordinating DI’s income generation research group and ensuring that colleagues are scoping and identifying new opportunities
- Working with Project Leads and teams to map out bid activities, dependencies and setting timelines for bid proposals
- Overseeing the co-ordination and relationship management of consultants or partners required for response to a tender/call for bids and ensuring that correct contractual processes are followed and in place for smooth transition to project implementation
- Reporting against business development KPIs
To be considered as a Bid / Proposal Manager, you will need:
- At least three years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience in contract management and client/donor liaison
- An understanding of budgeting processes and financial reporting for grant makers
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- The ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external stakeholders
- Meticulous organisational skills
- The ability to work under pressure and deliver projects accurately and on time
Experience in bidding for, and winning, large commercial contracts/accountable
grants within the development sector would be highly desirable for this role, as would experience of using CRM’s, preferably Hubspot.
A project management qualification (PMD Pro, PRINCE2, PMP, or similar) would also be beneficial to your application.
Other organisations may call this role Bid Manager, Proposal Manager, Bids and Tenders Manager, Bids and Proposals Manager, or Bids Executive.
Development Initiatives is an equal opportunities employer and, in line with our policies, we aim to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion, ethnic or national origin, age, gender, marital status, sexual orientation or disability.
Early applications are highly encouraged; we will be reviewing submissions as they
arrive, and interviews will be held periodically. As we are recruiting on a rolling basis, we
reserve the right to end recruitment without notice.
So, if you are looking for your next challenge as a Bid / Proposal Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.