Job Title: Trusts and Corporate Fundraising Officer
Reports to: Head of Fundraising
Location: Shaw House, Oxford
Hours: 37 Hours
The Trusts & Corporate Fundraising Officer role is integral to the development and implementation of this successful income stream for the Royal Agricultural Benevolent Institution (RABI). The role holder is responsible for the management and administration of relationships with the existing portfolio of trusts and foundations and the development of new proposals and bids to support the charity’s expanding range of innovative projects.
- Develop and maintain relationships with existing funding bodies, including attendance at conferences and networking events to maintain a current understanding of funder’s priorities and opportunities.
- Conduct research, including review of strategy, reports and accounts and liaison with key colleagues to establish and articulate key funding areas and projects.
- Prepare and submit accurate and persuasive funding applications in a timely manner.
- Monitor applications, respond to queries promptly and provide colleagues and senior management with regular update reports.
- Provide the Communications Team with relevant details to publicise support from funding bodies.
- Identify funding bodies deemed relevant and likely to provide funding support to RABI.
- Retain current knowledge of funding opportunities offered by grant-making trusts, foundations and statutory bodies.
- Maintain accurate records of all communications with existing and potential funders.
- Ensure the Finance Department understand any restrictions on the use of received income receipts.
- Complete research and administrative support towards the submission of major corporate funding applications.
- Produce letters of thanks for donors.
- Ensure fundraising complies with best practice and quality standards.
- Provide back-up general administrative support as required on an occasional basis,, including answering telephone calls, dealing with postal and email enquiries, processing post, receiving visitors and deliveries.
- Affinity with the goals and objectives of RABI.
- Experience of researching, collating, preparing and submitting accurate funding applications.
- Recording and analysing data.
- Evidence of long-term relationship building with external funders.
- Self-motivation and confident to work independently.
- Excellent communicator, both face-to-face and via remote communications.
- Excellent written and numeracy skills
- Ability to manage time effectively, prioritise workload and plan ahead.
- Excellent IT skills
- A full UK driving licence.
- Knowledge of working in a confidential environment.
- Understanding of Data Protection and fundraising regulations, compliance and best practice.
This role profile is not exhaustive and is subject to review in conjunction with the post holder according to future developments at RABI.
RABI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and aims to ensure that all employment practices secure equality of opportunity and that no prospective or current employee receives less than favourable treatment at RABI as a result of their sex, sexual orientation, age, race, religion, belief, ethnic origin, disability, marital, or for any other reason which cannot be shown to be justifiable. Our recruitment process strives to ensure that individuals are selected only based on their relevant skills, experience, qualifications and abilities.