We’re looking for an enthusiastic, caring and knowledgeable Integration Advisor who can speak fluent Arabic, to work within the refugee resettlement project supporting refugees who are living in Lewisham.
The charity is a thriving organisation and one of the most established refugee and migrants’ organisations providing services in London, but focusing on south and southeast London boroughs.
Position: Integration Advisor
Location: Lewisham, London
Salary: £27k - 29k + NI + 4% pension contributions (pro rata)
Hours: Between 21 and 35 hours per week (job share available)
Closing Date: 9am 2nd August 2021. Please note that candidate applications are being assessed on a rolling basis and will be shortlisted as received, as such, the role may close before the deadline.
Interviews: To be arranged as applications are received
About the Role
There are two areas available for the Integration Advisor – either specialising in employment or community engagement. You will be responsible for triaging requests from the refugee families the charity supports, providing advice on a range of practical issues and managing referrals to internal and external services.
You will also liaise with the Refugee Council and partner organisations, to understand the needs of families, ensuring that the organisation provide joined up support.
Some of your key responsibilities will include to:
- Provide advice and support to refugees
- Support refugees who have ‘stepped down’ from the programme
- Assist refugees to be more independent to address their needs
- Maintain accurate and orderly client records electronically
- Create links with various agencies and invite the families to attend workshops or information sessions
- Effectively co-ordinate and promote the weekly Drop in
- Triage contacts from clients by phone and email
- Co-ordinate the assistance offered by the voluntary, community, faith, business, statutory, health, education and other sectors
- Be available to interpret, as required, in order for refugees to access internal and external services
- Provide timely and accurate written report and information on the progress of the programme
As Integration Advisor, you will have experience of providing support for people looking to move into employment and/or experience of community engagement and be fluent in Arabic, both verbal and written. You will have an understanding of the issues which can affect newly recognised refugees attempting to rebuild their lives in a new country.
You will have experience of:
- Providing impartial, non-judgmental generalist advice and assistance to clients.
- Community engagement/integration support and/or providing employment support
- Working for the voluntary sector and or in multi-cultural setting.
- Advocating on behalf of vulnerable client groups to ensure fair access to services.
- Achieving results through partnership and collaborative work.
- Assessing clients’ needs and effectively signposting and referring them to relevant agencies.
Please let us know whether you would like to work 21, 28 or 35 hours/week when you apply.
The charity is an equal opportunity employer and committed to safeguarding and fulfilling its duty of care to people working and volunteering in the organisation and to those they come into contact with.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo a basic DBS check
Other roles you may have experience of could include Integration, Integration Advisor, Community Engagement and Integration Officer, Employment Advisor, Employment Officer, Housing Officer, Social Housing, Employment Navigator, Advice Worker, Advice Officer, Housing Advisor, Integration Case Worker, Employment Case Worker, Advice and Guidance, Service Manager, Service Advisor, Community Engagement Advisor, Community Engagement Officer, Community Integration Advisor, Community Engagement and Integration, Community Engagement Outreach Worker, Community Engagement Coordinator, Community Connector, Volunteer Manager, Volunteer Management, Advocacy, Advocate, Community Partnerships, Community Partnerships Advisor, Community Partnerships Officer, Refugee, Refugees, Programme, Programme Support, Community Programme.