Head of Philanthropy and Partnerships
We have an exciting opportunity for a passionate, experienced and creative fundraiser to build on an excellent foundation and steward key opportunities for sustained growth in income. The role will sit within the Fundraising, Communications and Campaigns Department that delivers the external engagement strategy.
Position: Head of Philanthropy and Partnerships
Location: London (home-based, flexible working considered)
Hours: Full time, 39 hours per week
Salary: £52,404 per annum, rising to £53,340 per annum after 1 year and successful probation
Benefits: 25 days’ holiday per annum (for full-time positions) plus the option to buy an additional 3 weeks, Company Mobile Phone, Company Pension, Competitive Salary, Employee Discounts, Generous Holiday, Great Working Environment, In House Training, Laptop, Progression Opportunities, Recognised Qualifications, Travel/Season Ticket Loans.
Closing Date: 26th July – Please note that shortlisting will be taking place on a rolling basis and the role may close earlier than advertised, so apply early to avoid disappointment.
Last year the charity supported over 15,000 adults and children across London and the South East to a life beyond crisis, including victims of modern slavery, women and children who have experienced domestic abuse, young care leavers and older people.
The organisation has a strong set of corporate partnerships. Beyond raising vital resources for the charity, they help drive forward key initiatives. The Head of Philanthropy and Partnerships will deliver an ambitious new five-year Fundraising Strategy, to steward a range of individual donors and corporate partners in line with ambitious financial targets and impact goals.
Key responsibilities include:
- Review the stewardship programme for corporate partners and mid and high value donors
- Personally manage a portfolio of individual donors and corporate partners
- Work closely with Directorate and Trustees to maximise their input to the individual and corporate philanthropy programmes
- Work with colleagues to build up a portfolio of compelling funding propositions
- Collaborate to develop robust systems and processes to ensure efficient management of the fundraising programme and maximise income from all voluntary income sources
- Oversee the production of communication with supporters and funders
The organisation offers a culture of learning and development, with access to an extensive range of learning and development opportunities as well as genuine career progression.
As Head of Philanthropy and Partnerships you will have:
- Fundraising experience at a senior management level
- Demonstrable experience of building strong and trusting relationships with corporate and individual donors and stewarding them to raise five and six figure gifts
- Demonstrable experience of developing and implementing individual giving campaigns
- Experience of growing significant income generation, including raising unrestricted income
- Excellent communication and influencing skills (written and verbal)
- Experience of managing a small but diverse team
- Experience of preparing and managing budgets
- Empathy with and understanding of the charity’s causes
Work for a charity that offers a culture of learning and development, with access to an extensive range of learning and development opportunities as well as genuine career progression. In everything they do, they seek to be: respectful, genuine, dedicated, collaborative and courageous, so if these values resonate with you, please apply.
About the Organisation
This vibrant charity has been supporting and empowering vulnerable adults and children since 1970. Their approach is based on a single principle: in order to add real value to people’s lives it is essential that they work with them as equals. Their expertise and experience of working with people on their recovery journeys is valuable, and they believe this gives them a great deal to contribute.
Proud to be a Disability Confident employer.
You may also have experience in areas such as Head of Philanthropy, Head of Philanthropy and Partnerships, Head of Partnerships, Head of Fundraising, Director of Partnerships, Director of Fundraising, Director of Philanthropy and Partnerships, Fundraising Manager, Philanthropy Fundraising, Partnerships Manager, Fundraiser, Philanthropy Fundraiser, Major Donor, Fundraising Partnerships, Major Gifts, Individual Giving, Major Gifts, Trusts, Trusts and Foundations, Major Donor Fundraising Manager, Senior Philanthropy, Senior Partnerships Manager, Corporate Partnerships, Marketing, Fundraising and Marketing.