The successful Head of Admissions and Applicant Services will have the following responsibilities;
- Responsible for the delivery and development of a highly effective admissions and applicant service function, one that is responsive to the evolving needs of identified target audiences, and grounded in the principles of customer service excellence.
- Lead the core Admissions and Applicant Services Team, ensuring they have the knowledge, training and support to deliver a customer-centred service that is compliant with all necessary regulations.
- In collaboration with the Director of Student Recruitment, ensure service standards and quality assurance procedures are met and evolve with customer expectations and needs.
- Undertake data analysis and, with the input of the Director of Student Recruitment, develop recommendations / updates / reports that enhance Royal Holloway's admissions policies, procedures and systems for applicants at all levels of study and for all categories of students.
- In partnership with colleagues in IT, manage an efficient applicant-centred enquiry and application management service / platform that meets the needs of potential students and Royal Holloway's student recruitment staff, both UK and international
- With colleagues in Marketing and Communications, help to ensure that effective scholarships are in place and are marketed in an appropriate and timely manner to ensure they support student recruitment at all levels.
- Ensure efficient and effective processes and procedures are in place for the setting and updating of criteria / terms and conditions, receipt of applications and allocation of identified scholarships, ensuring processes are transparent and fair.
- As part of the Marketing and Communications Senior Management team: contribute to ensuring that the directorate's strategic objectives are met; through professional expertise, a commitment to continuous improvement and constant demonstration of what good looks like, be a source of inspiration across the directorate; contribute to ensuring the integrity of Royal Holloway's brand at all touchpoints.
- Assist the Director of Student Recruitment to make recommendations to senior managers chairing relevant decision making bodies within the university, regarding the setting of offer levels to achieve target numbers for different categories of students on different programmes of study.
- Be proactive in managing internal stakeholder relationships and be recognised across Marketing and Communications, academic schools and the relevant professional services directorates as a subject matter expert in relation to the regulatory and legal environment; policy and good practice which impact admissions
The Successful Applicant
The successful Head of Admissions and applicant services should ideally the following skillset;
- Proven leadership and team working skills; including the ability to work with and through others, set and achieve high standards, support an inspire others to develop and excel.
- Strong track record of operational management, to include effective management of people and deployment of resources; formulating, planning and implementing complex projects/plans
- Evidence of contributing to solutions that improve performance and of interrogating traditional ways of working
- Experience of delivering customer service to the highest standards to a range of stakeholder groups
- Experience in interrogating and analysing complex data sets, extracting and distilling relevant information and presenting it to diverse audiences
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise effectively and to multi-task in order to deliver under pressure
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; ability to create positive working relationships that enable collaboration with stakeholders at all levels, both internally and externally
- Proven practical knowledge and expertise in student admissions, including understanding of relevant government policies and regulatory frameworks is desirable.
What's on Offer
The successful Head Admissions and applicant services will receive a salary of between £43,660 - £51,687 (inclusive of London allowance) depending on experience. In addition, the university also offers a highly competitive rewards and benefits package including:
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Training and development opportunities
- Pension Scheme with generous employer contribution
- Various schemes including Cycle to Work, Season Ticket Loans and help with the cost of Eyesight testing.
- Free parking
The post is based in Egham, Surrey where the university is situated and within commuting distance from London.
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPSZJN0620212928512Z