The roles include two registrant members, who must belong to one of the fifteen professions which HCPC regulates, and one lay member, who must not be or have been a registrant with HCPC.
The three new members will be joining HCPC at a critical moment for health and care professionals. The roles will provide the successful applicants with an opportunity to play a pivotal role in the current and future regulation of the sector, in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic.
In summary, the role of a Council member is to:
• contribute their knowledge and expertise to Council, to ensure robust governance and effective, strategic decision-making;
• contribute to the delivery of the Council’s objectives and strategy;
• ensure that they have a good working knowledge of HCPC’s role, key processes and other information that may help their role;
• carry out their work for the Council in accordance with the Council members’ code of conduct and the HCPC’s values; and
• act as an ambassador for the HCPC, representing the Council to stakeholders.