Homeless Recovery Worker
We are looking for a Homeless Recovery Worker to provide a knowledgeable and practicable support service tailored to individuals’ needs; and to facilitate access to services that will support the changes individuals are striving to make in their lives.
You will be working for a charity providing short-term accommodation, support, advocacy and counselling for former rough sleepers and single homeless people.
Position: Homeless Recovery Worker
Location: Waltham Forest
Salary: £26,000 per annum
Hours: Full time, 37.5 hours per week
About the role:
As a Homeless Recovery Worker with this fantastic charity you will help provide support targeted towards assisting individuals who are striving to turn around their lives in challenging circumstances. This is a rewarding opportunity where the ideal end result is an individual who feels they have regained enough self-confidence and control over their life so that they are better able to tackle the next steps to achieving their aspirations.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Effectively supporting and communicating with individuals whilst they are living in the hostel
- Develop and keep under review support plans, getting the best out of opportunities for individuals moving towards independent living
- Produce and regularly review comprehensive, high-quality risk assessment and risk management plans
- Signpost individuals to resources relevant to their aspirations including training, education, employment and volunteering opportunities
- Support individuals working towards achieving independence through encouraging their engagement with the service
- Engage with external agencies, creating and maintaining constructive working relationships
- Working closely with individuals, develop and keep under review personal budgets
To be successful in the role of Homeless Recovery Worker it is essential that you have excellent communication skills, can interact with the client group, and have enhanced levels of skill and experience to provide effective support.
You also will have the following skills and experience:
- A good understanding of the complex support needs of former rough sleepers and homeless people
- Understanding of risk assessment, planned support and SMART goal setting
- Understanding of a person-centred outcomes-based delivery service
- Knowledge of housing regulation and welfare benefits, relevant to the Hostel’s client group
- Ability to respond calmly to crisis, deal promptly with and effectively react to challenging situations; and able to deal with clients and colleagues with confidence.
The charity welcomes applications from all sections of society including people with lived experience of homelessness, or other forms of social exclusion.
Other roles you may have experience of could include: Homeless Recovery Worker, Peer Support, Resettlement Worker, Homelessness, Homeless Project Manager, Homeless Caseworker, Project Coordinator Homelessness, Resettlement Caseworker, Housing Support, etc.