Housing Services Manager
Northallerton, North Yorkshire/ Agile working
£50,877 per annum
Hours: 37 hours per week
Our client provides a comprehensive range of services to almost 7000 homes in North Yorkshire, a number that continues to grow with the delivery of their ambitious development strategy, supporting their vision to become the best rural housing provider in the country.
They now have an opportunity for a Housing Services Manager to join them as a senior member of the Customer Experience Management Team.
Within this key position you provide leadership and strategic direction across organisational teams and will manage & monitor all elements of the housing services performance including income collection, property allocations, the choice-based lettings scheme, anti–social behaviour and tenancy management.
With high professional standards, you will ensure all regulatory and legislative responsibilities are achieved and set out performance targets and service standards for the housing service across all areas of responsibility.
You will use your understanding of change and commercial management to drive cultural change and innovation to ensure their customer focused, cost effective services are designed, delivered, monitored, and continually improved and all activities delivered are in line with their values and brand, embedding a culture that delivers results and service excellence.
They are looking for a Housing Management professional with :
- Managerial level experience of leading and managing multi-disciplinary housing teams.
- An understanding of change management, commercial approaches and a track record of driving cultural change and innovation.
- Experience developing and implementing policies & procedures and contributing to organisational strategies.
- Strong knowledge of legislation, regulation, code of guidance and best practice in relation to the housing sector. with regard to tenancy & income management, property allocation and ASB.
- An understanding of the Consumer Standards issued by The Regulator of Social Housing.
- Chartered member of the Institute of Housing or relevant degree
A driving licence is also required for this position.
What they can offer in return:
- A salary of £50,877 per annum
- Extra day of annual leave for birthdays totalling 32 (inc. bank holidays). Annual leave also increases for every year of service up to 5 years totalling 37 days (inc bank hols)
- Defined Benefit Pension Scheme
- Salary sacrifice schemes including dental insurance, cycle to work and eco-friendly cars
- A range of other benefits including G.A.Y.E., free tea and coffee and much more.
Our client provides a range of services to almost 7000 homes across North Yorkshire, a number that continues to grow with the delivery of their ambitious development strategy, supporting their vision to become the best rural housing provider in the country.
They are an equal opportunities and disability confident employer who welcomes applicants from all sectors of the community.
Closing Date: Sunday 30 July 2021
Recruitment and Selection will be carried out using a three-stage recruitment, comprising potential for psychometric testing, profiling, assessment centre or a similar virtual style assessment, followed by interview and values panel.