Head of Business Development – Maternity Cover
Bristol (or an alternate location in the UK, providing you can visit our offices in Bristol on a regular basis)
About Development Initiatives (DI)
Development Initiatives applies the power of data and evidence to build sustainable solutions.
Our mission is to work closely with partners to ensure data-driven evidence and analysis are used effectively in policy and practice to end poverty, reduce inequality and increase resilience.
While data alone cannot bring about a better world, it is vital to achieving it. Data has the power to unlock insight, shine a light on progress and empower people to increase accountability.
We’re currently looking for a Head of Business Development to join us on a nine-month fixed term maternity cover contract. We are currently experimenting with a blended approach to home and office working, so we are flexible on your location, provided that you are based within the UK and can visit our offices in Bristol on a regular basis (at least four to six times a month).
- Salary of £48,000 - £51,000 per annum (depending on experience)
- Pension scheme with 5% employer contribution
- Healthcare scheme with employee assistance programme
- 25 days’ annual leave per annum, plus Bank Holidays
- Up to five days’ paid leave to volunteer for causes that address poverty and help vulnerable people
- Flexitime and flexible working practices
- Smart/casual dress code
If you are a charity professional from a sales or fundraising background, this is a brilliant opportunity to make your mark with our pioneering organisation.
You will play a key role in driving our commercial success, which in turn, will enable us to achieve even more in our mission to end global poverty and help vulnerable people in need.
So, if you are looking for the opportunity to do some real good with your career and increase the impact of our dynamic organisation, we want to hear from you.
As the Head of Business Development, you will lead and co-ordinate our global development and income-generation team, covering business development, corporate outreach and fundraising.
With overall accountability for income reporting, you will be responsible for ensuring that DI has a strategic approach to raising income, with a clear three-year plan to build a sustainable financial platform.
Working closely with the Head of Finance, you will drive forward plans to meet income targets, focusing on the strategic development of our consultancy practice.
Reporting to our new Chief Operating Officer, you will:
- Represent the organisation externally
- Develop a wider client portfolio by identifying new markets, products and services
- Win new sources of income
- Support corporate outreach and fundraising efforts and oversee grant applications
- Collaborate with the Head of Communications on marketing plans
- Provide regular reporting to the Board on the progress of income generation
To join us as the Head of Business Development Manager, you will need:
- At least three years’ experience in a similar role, operating at senior level
- A proven sales and/or fundraising background
- Commercial consultancy experience
- Strong financial management and budgeting skills
- Proven project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills and an ability to build strong and lasting
relationships with stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills, including experience of working effectively across
cultures and with diverse audiences, both verbally and in writing
Experience of working in the not-for-profit sector would be advantageous to your application, as would experience of working in international development.
Other organisations may call this role Head of Fundraising, Charity Development Manager, Fundraising Manager, Income Development Manager, or Sales Manager.
Development Initiatives is an equal opportunities employer and, in line with our policies, we aim to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion, ethnic or national origin, age, gender, marital status, sexual orientation or disability.
The closing date for this role is 5th July 2021.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as Head of Business Development, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.