Support Worker Greenwich
Salary: £29,362.50 pro rata
Level: Entry Level
Deadline: 07/07/2021 23:59
Benefits: 27 days’ holiday; buy and sell annual leave programme; PerkBox; Health Cash Plan and more
Job Type: Permanent
The team at the Housing for Women (H4W) Greenwich refuge is looking for a dedicated and dynamic Floating Support Worker to join them. The purpose of this role is to work alongside the team to provide a safe and empowering environment for women and their children, either in their own homes or in a refuge setting, who are experiencing or have experienced domestic abuse.
H4W have been providing support to the women and children of Greenwich for over 40 years. We provide somewhere safe for the women/children to live free from abuse, we advocate on their behalf and provide support at the time when they need it most: to enable them to move forward and build a new life.
This is an opportunity to join a passionate, hardworking and close-knit team who are committed to putting an end to domestic and sexual abuse.
Key responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the delivery of services to service users, ensuring effective reporting to the Manager as appropriate
- Responsible for risk management and financial control within the team
- Responsible for, high standards of customer care
- To act in accordance with the values and aims of Housing for Women
- To promote and implement Housing for Women’s policies and procedures
To be successful in this role you will require:
- Experience of delivering support to adults from diverse backgrounds and with mixed abilities and complex needs in a supported environment; preferably in Domestic Violence Abuse (DVA) refuges or community based setting
- Experience of undertaking individual assessments including risk assessments and developing and delivering support plans
- Understanding of local and national approaches to tackling domestic abuse including MARAC, child protection, social and voluntary services approaches/involvement
- Demonstrable knowledge of strategies to empower service users to address issues of DVA
Candidates interested in applying should attach a cover letter outlining how they meet the essential criteria specified in the job ad as well as how they think they meet Housing for Women’s EPIC values.
Housing for Women is an independent organisation and we support women in London to challenge the inequalities they face. As a charity and a registered housing association, we are proud to have housed London’s women for 85 years; providing secure, affordable housing and related services to help them make the most of the opportunities they have.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and open to women only. (Exempt under the Equality Act 2010 Schedule 9, Part 1).
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Floating Support Worker, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.