Corporate and Philanthropy Manager
Salary circa £40,000 DOE
The Aspinall Foundation’s mission is to prevent the extinction of endangered animals. We work globally to protect animals from the threats facing them such as poaching, deforestation and the illegal wildlife trade. Our overseas project teams work with schools, communities and Governments in Gabon, Congo, Madagascar, South Africa and Java in some of the world’s most fragile environments to develop a balanced and sustainable future for the wildlife and people living side by side. By working in partnership with our two wild animal parks in Kent we have sent hundreds of captive born endangered animals back to the wild to support and restore native wild populations.
We have a fantastic and rare opportunity for an experienced fundraising professional to join the charity based in Kent on its ambitious growth journey as we scale up for success.
You will be responsible leading and managing all aspects of the major donor relationships and corporate partners at The Aspinall Foundation, including researching and recruiting new individual donors and corporate partners as well as planning, implementing, managing and coordinating the stewardship activities for TAF.
The main responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for achieving the high-net-worth donor fundraising line and working closely with the corporate partnerships manager to hit the corporate fundraising target with large growth aspirations for both fundraising lines over the next three years.
- Manage a portfolio of major donors, corporates and prospects in order to generate and maintain significant gifts/donations and partnerships for TAF conservation work.
- Develop and maintain an annual major donor and corporate partners strategy and workplan.
- Identify new major donors and corporate prospects, and develop and implement cultivation strategies to turn prospects into supporters.
- Prepare strategy and briefing documents for meetings with major donors and corporates, cultivation events for individuals and business, and manage follow-up activities to secure major gifts.
- Prepare and present highly customised, compelling funding proposals to major gift prospects and corporate partners.
- Manage cultivation and stewardship activities of existing major donors and businesses to increase their affinity and grow their support for TAF.
The successful individual will need to demonstrate:
- At least five years of experience in major donor and/or corporate fundraising, with demonstrated success in engaging with major donors and corporates for fundraising in not-for-profit organisations.
- Proven track record of generating significant gifts from high net worth individuals and through corporate partnerships.
- Experience and expertise in developing relationships with major donors and corporate partnership.
- Experience in crafting major donor and corporate partnership strategies to secure results.
- Excellent writing and verbal presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability in project management and relationship management.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills in a multicultural environment.
- Thoroughness and attention to detail.
- Strong network of personal contacts and ability to extend this network extensively.
- Interest and knowledge of conservation and sustainable development.
- Established knowledge and experience of the not-for-profit sector, preferably of environmental non-government organisations, and including governance and regulatory compliance.
Reporting to the Sales, Marketing & Fundraising Director, this role will be based at Port Lympne Hotel & Reserve, working 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday. It will require occasional work at weekends and evenings so flexibility with working hours is essential.
Closing date: Friday 9 July 2021
To apply: Please email a CV along with a covering letter.
Find out more about our organisation by visiting our web site.