Sightsavers implements projects in over 30 countries in Africa and South Asia working to eliminate avoidable blindness and promote the rights of people with disabilities. We are looking for a User Acceptance Testing Officer to work closely with our internal project teams and business clients to ensure that new systems and system upgrades meet the needs of the organisation.
Location: Haywards Heath, West Sussex with some flexibility around home working and hours worked
Contract: 18-month Fixed Term Contract
Salary: £26,000 - £28,000 depending upon experience
About the role
The User Acceptance Testing Officer, reporting to the Business Systems Manager, will work to build and maintain a comprehensive set of test scripts for each system which can be used for future system development projects. Utilising the set of test scripts the UAT Officer will assist with system support, checking any reported bugs and issues against test scripts to triage issues and ensure that the support query is dealt with in the most appropriate way. Key duties and accountabilities include:
- Developing, maintaining and implementing test scripts for new and updated systems.
- Co-ordinating user acceptance testing for projects.
- Working with the Project Managers to determine resources needed to complete testing to acceptable level of quality.
- Developing and maintaining a comprehensive set of test scripts for systems that can be updated and re-used for any system upgrades.
- Reviewing system support queries against established test scripts to determine appropriate classification of support.
- Supporting project managers in ensuring projects follow the approach outlined in Sightsavers Global Business Systems Framework.
- Supporting the Business Systems Manager and Controller of Business Systems and Integration in any aspects of project delivery as required.
This is an involved role so see the job description for full details. Please note that there will be an expectation that you can occasionally visit our offices in Haywards Heath, West Sussex (RH16 3BW). We anticipate that this will mean at least one day per month in the office.
This job may be for you if:
- You have the ability to find the excitement in finding the issues!
- You have a systematic and diligent approach.
- You recognise the need to adapt and change and implement appropriate solutions.
- You are able to demonstrate creativity and originality in your work.
- You have cultural sensitivity and an understanding of and commitment to equality of opportunity for disabled people.
- Demonstrated experience in writing test plans and test scripts.
- Relevant project experience.
- Understanding of various software development methodologies (e.g. Agile, Waterfall).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Customer care and stakeholder management skills.
- Solid organisational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in order to explain complex IT concepts to non-technical colleagues.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into test scenarios.
- Ability to co-ordinate between internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft O365 suite of products.
In addition to our offices being an easy 20-minute train journey from Brighton or 45 minutes from London, we offer some fantastic benefits. Our comprehensive benefits package includes generous annual leave allowance, pension, season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme, discounted gym memberships and wellness discounts.
We anticipate that remote interviews will take place from w/c 26 July 2021. Due to project deadlines, we are keen to fill this role as quickly as possible so applications will be considered as soon as they are received.
As an equal opportunity employer, we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community. Sightsavers is a Disability Confident Leader and qualified people living with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply.