Sightsavers implements projects in over 30 countries in Africa and South Asia working to eliminate avoidable blindness and promote the rights of people with disabilities. We are looking for a Business Analyst to act as the intermediary between the business community and the technical community, working with project teams and business clients to collect, clarify and document business requirements (using appropriate tools and models), from which applications and solutions are developed.
Location: Haywards Heath, West Sussex with some flexibility around home working and hours worked
Contract: 18 Month Fixed Term Contract
Salary: £26,000 – £30,000 depending upon experience
About the role
The Business Analyst will work on projects which range in size and type from system development projects to IT infrastructure projects with multiple projects on the go at any given time. All systems projects in Sightsavers follow the approach outlined in Sightsavers Global Business Systems Framework which lays out governance, principles, project pathway, key project deliverables and tools. This role will also be available to other teams within the organisation to assist in business analysis activities.
Principle accountabilities include:
- Working with key stakeholders to elicit, analyse, translate and document business requirements into technical requirements.
- Analysing, documenting and testing application development, logic, process flows and specifications.
- Working with system owners to conduct user acceptance testing.
- Documenting user manuals to describe application installation and operating procedures.
- Supporting project managers in ensuring projects follow the approach outlined in Sightsavers Global Business Systems Framework.
- Working with the Business Systems Manager and Business systems team to coordinate project resources to ensure that projects are delivered on time and within budget.
- Supporting the Business Systems Manager and Controller of Business Systems and Integration in any aspects of project delivery as required
This is an involved role so see the job description for full details. Please note that there will be an expectation that you can occasionally visit our offices in Haywards Heath, West Sussex (RH16 3BW). We anticipate that this will mean at least two days in the office per month.
This is an ideal role for a Business Analyst wanting variety and to work within a growing and motivated team. You will have the ability to cope with multiple projects, working with local stakeholders and our overseas country offices. You'll be curious and enjoy building your growing expertise about the organisation. You will have strong written and oral communication skills as you will also need to explain technical concepts, often via email or video conferencing to non-technical stakeholders.
- Relevant project experience.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in order to explain complex IT concepts to non-technical colleagues.
- Demonstrated experience in writing software requirements and test specifications.
- Able to understand business functionality and translate it into application requirements.
- Excellent understanding of business complexity and project interdependencies.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of various software development methodologies (e.g. Agile, Waterfall).
- Understanding of modelling techniques, such as unified modelling language.
- Experience of Business Analysis Methodologies (BCS preferred).
- Experience of Project Management Methodologies (PRINCE2 preferred).
- Planning and organising skills.
- Problem solving abilities.
- Able to work calmly under pressure and to deadlines.
- Time management
- Cultural sensitivity and an understanding of and commitment to equality of opportunity for disabled people.
In addition to our offices being an easy 20-minute train journey from Brighton or 45 minutes from London, we offer some fantastic benefits. Our comprehensive benefits package includes generous annual leave allowance, pension, season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme, discounted gym memberships and wellness discounts.
We anticipate that remote interviews will take place from 19 July 2021 onwards. Due to project deadlines, we are keen to fill this role as quickly as possible so applications will be considered as soon as they are received.
As an equal opportunity employer, we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community. Sightsavers is a Disability Confident Leader and qualified people living with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply.
Closing date: 4 July 2021