£54,000 - £58,000
Permanent, Full Time
This is an exciting time at The Careers & Enterprise Company. During our first three years, we have worked with Local Enterprise Partnerships to build a national network which now links 2,000 schools and colleges to employers. We have also funded 150 programmes to provide high-quality employer engagement activities to young people where they are needed most.The Careers & Enterprise Company was established in 2015 to help link schools and colleges to employers, in order to increase employer engagement for young people. Our mission is to prepare and inspire young people for the fast-changing world of work.
The Role Summary
- Accountable for the accuracy and timeliness of all CEC’s Financial Accounting. This includes full responsibility for the ledgers and CEC’s control environment to safeguard its assets through the development, continual improvement and monitoring of CEC’s financial policies, procedures and controls.
- Responsible for management of the accounting system and implementation of the new accounting package (IRIS Financials) scheduled to be brought online in September.
- Responsible for the efficient processing and record keeping of accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll and expenses and ensuring an efficient credit control function.
- Responsible for the oversight of CEC’s financial risk including specific financial control tools surrounding funding agreements and the purchasing of goods and services.
- Lead on ensuring that CEC meets its financial compliance and regulatory obligations including the smooth facilitation of the annual external audit and all other independent financial reviews.
Our organisation has a privileged opportunity to make a difference to the lives of millions of young people, helping to inspire and prepare them for the fast-changing world of work, and we want you to help us make it happen.
Applicants are asked to submit a supporting statement (on no more than 2 x A4 pages) outlining how you fulfil the qualifications, experience, skills and core competencies criteria provided in the Job Description and an up-to-date CV.
To apply, please click the Apply button to send us your CV responding to two questions below. Applications with no supporting cover letter will not be considered.
- Why CEC and the role are of interest?
- How do you meet the candidate requirements? To be based on evidence
In the cover letter, can you please include the following:
Describe when you have written or changed a finance policy and/or process:
· How was it implemented?
· What were the improvement measures?
· How was this achieved?
Talk us through a time where you have ownership of management or implementation of a finance system.
This vacancy may be closed early if sufficient applications have been submitted. Therefore, please do not delay in submitting your application.
Closing date: 4 July 2021 at 6pm
It is our policy to review all applications within two weeks from the closing date. If you do not hear from us within three weeks following the closing date, then your application has unfortunately not been successful on this occasion. We are unable to provide feedback to candidates who have not been shortlisted and attended an interview.