Supported Housing Manager
£45,000 - £55,000 per annum
First and foremost, our client’s job is to be a responsible and caring landlord. During the pandemic they have been there for their customers, however as coronavirus restrictions lift, they have a brilliant opportunity to redesign their service provision and refresh the way that they engage them.
Following a review, they are creating a new Housing Operations Service and dedicated Supported Housing Team. They are looking for a dynamic and forward thinking Supported Housing Manager to join their leadership team.
They need to create a seamless service for their customers where staff members can take ownership for the whole customer journey and tenancy contract and do the basics brilliantly. They need a leader who understands the importance of the onboarding process for new and transferring customers and can assist them to have a tight grip on income management and letting homes.
The role holder will need to ensure that contract requirements for local authorities are being and ensure the effective promotion of the Independent Living offer and the effective use of nominations panels for Extra Care Housing.
With responsibility for Temporary Accommodation they will liaise effectively with LA partners to ensure temporary accommodation voids are promptly let in line with our management agreements. They will represent the business externally and build networks and liaise with relevant parties ensuring that positive relationships with key stakeholders are developed and maintained and set up service level agreements. The role will also lead on policy and procedural change in order to support the business’s changing needs and the evolution of their Independent Living Schemes.
The successful candidate will have excellent people management skills, ability to lead a large dispersed team and has excellent report writing skills, negotiation and influencing skills. Also has excellent knowledge of Supported Housing and related legislation, policy and good practice, significant older persons and temporary accommodation management experience. As well as experience of setting and successfully managing budgets in excess of £1 million.
Satisfactory DBS check and maintain a full driving licence with business insurance cover, and access to a car is essential for this post.
What can they offer?
Working close to Watford Junction station and within walking distance to the shops and cafes of Watford town centre, your salary will be £45,000 - £55,000 per annum.
In return they offer a competitive package with includes:
- 28 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Employer pension contributions up to 11%
- Development opportunities
- Staff discount scheme with various retailers
- Life assurance - They offer Life assurance which provides a payment of 4 x your salary
- Everyone Active - gym discount
- HSF - They provide employees the facility to claim cashback for dental, optical and physiotherapy costs, alongside wellness services
- Annual Flu Jab - This is provided each winter to all employees
When applying for the role, please consider the organisation’s values:
• Professional – They are honest, open and respectful. People trust them to keep their promises.
• Collaborative – They work together as one team and build lasting partnerships to get results.
• Forward-thinking – They have a can-do attitude and embrace opportunities to improve and innovate.
They reserve the right to close this advert earlier if they receive a high volume of applications.