About the role:
We are seeking a Head of Mass Market Fundraising to join our fantastic Fundraising Team! This role will be key in building on and developing all of our mass-market fundraising programmes. The successful candidate will report to and work closely with the Associate Director, Supporter Engagement, Data Strategy & Innovation to build further on our mass fundraising programmes to deliver the charity a strong and sustainable income stream, and testing the optimal structure for future development.
This successful candidate will manage the Community, Events, Individual Giving, Legacy, and Supporter Operations functions for Pancreatic Cancer UK and will provide inspiring and dynamic leadership to a team of thirteen.
Some of the main responsibilities of this role include:
- Ensure the team is well-briefed on individual projects and support them in the management of their activities.
- Fundraising programme development which includes overseeing and providing leadership for Pancreatic Cancer UK’s mass fundraising strategies – developing and delivering plans for the key programmes of community and events, in memoriam, individual giving, and legacy programmes. This includes looking at the opportunities to build regional fundraising activities.
- Provide leadership in the events field, reviewing the portfolio, and ensuring that the charity is involved in the most innovative, appropriate, and cost-effective events.
- Ensure that our Community and In Memoriam activity continues to grow, increasing the number of participation opportunities and range of audiences.
- Ensure that mass fundraising income streams achieve their targets.
- Oversee and guide the work of the new Supporter Care Team to ensure that our systems and processes provide efficient and supporter-centric support to our campaigns.
- Have an in-depth understanding of mass market fundraising best practices and awareness of the current challenges in the voluntary sector.
- Have the substantial proven ability to operate as a senior professional fundraiser.
- Have the extensive proven ability to develop and implementing strategies for at least one of the three key areas of mass market fundraising – community, events, individual giving, and legacies.
- Strong team leadership and management of experienced and less experienced staff
- Proven track record in increasing income significantly in your previous roles with experience of working with a target income of at least £3 million.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills based on solid professional networking techniques: possessing a self-assured manner, displaying emotional intelligence, credibility, and gravitas to build trust quickly, together with the diplomatic skills to be able to identify and overcome anxieties or perceived conflicts.
- Sophisticated verbal and written communication skills with the ability to engage donors, make a case for support, and build rapport easily.
- Excellent numeracy skills including experience in financial planning, budgeting, target-setting, and presenting detailed financial information.
Please see the job pack on our website for full details of the role.
It’s unacceptable that more than half of people diagnosed with pancreatic cancer die within 3 months. Survival rates have improved enormously for most cancers, yet for pancreatic cancer, this is not the case. And, with treatment and care affected by the pandemic, the situation has only got worse.
Pancreatic Cancer UK is a national charity dedicated to taking on this injustice using every possible means. We’re supporting people with pancreatic cancer now, campaigning, and funding vital research to transform the future.
Working with us:
We are an inclusive employer committed to developing a diverse workforce and are looking for people who can demonstrate dedication to our cause and values. We offer a supportive place to work with helpful and friendly staff who report a high level of job satisfaction. We are currently working remotely due to Covid-19 restrictions, but our main office is based in London on the river with views towards Westminster. We offer flexible working and we envisage once Covid restrictions are lifted, this role will be a blend of working from home and working in the office.
Other details about the role:
- Hours: Full-time, 35 hours per week (Monday-Friday).
- Location: London SE1 (temporarily remote working from home)
- Closing date: Friday 2 July 2021 at 9 am.
- Interview dates: Dates are 19 July and 20 July 2021 (Interviews will take place remotely via a Zoom video call).
- You must have the right to work in the UK when you apply. Please note, if you are successful for this role, HR will book an appointment for you to go into the office to undergo a physical right to work check following the Home Office guidelines.
To apply, please read the job pack and complete section 1 and section 2 of the application form on our website: https://www.pancreaticcancer.org.uk/what-we-do/about-us/join-our-team/our-vacancies/head-of-mass-market-fundraising/