Partnerships Manager Healthcare
We have an opportunity for a dynamic business development professional with experience of selling sponsorship and exhibition opportunities to secure sponsorship from healthcare companies which want to engage with stroke healthcare professionals.
Position: Healthcare Industry Partnerships Manager
Location: Homebased, U.K nationwide
Hours: 35 hours per week
Salary: Salary circa £37,000 per annum (inner London weighting £3,299 per annum/pro rata or outer London weighting £1,755 per annum/pro rata may be applied in accordance to where you live)
Contract: This is a fixed term maternity cover until 31 July 2022
Benefits: 25 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays (this will increase with service up to 30 days, full time equivalent) cashback and discount scheme, employee assistance programme, learning and development, pension scheme, Life Assurance, Eye Care vouchers, Long Service Award, Tax-free childcare, Health Cash Plan, Working Pattern Agreement, flexible working opportunities available.
Closing Date: 23 July 2021
Interview Date: Week commencing 26 July 2021
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic interviews may be held via video conferencing. Please let us know if this will present any challenges when you email your application
Reporting to the Head of Corporate Partnerships, the Healthcare Industry Partnerships Manager will take the lead in the planning of sponsorship and exhibition opportunities at the Association. Significant amongst these is the annual UK Stroke Forum, which is the largest multidisciplinary stroke event in the UK, regularly attracting over 1,400 delegates from across the stroke care pathway, from healthcare professionals to technology companies, researchers to pharmaceutical companies
These events take place at specific times of year. At other times, you will be responsible for developing and selling sponsorship collateral more broadly as well as additional products such as employee fundraising, corporate donations, etc. Where there is potential for greater engagement with your prospects and partners, you will work closely with the Head of Corporate to explore strategic partnerships and/or maximise the relationship in the appropriate way.
Key responsibilities will include:
- To work with colleagues in relevant departments, including the Events Team and the Corporate Partnerships Team, to plan and create sponsorship packages, including costs and the details of the offer for the UK Stroke Forum, other conferences and events and collateral such as publications
- To work closely with the Events team to deliver the UK Stroke Forum exhibition including onsite delivery, customer service to clients and creating floor layout plans.
- To research companies from a variety of relevant sectors and develop a targeted list of potential sponsors and exhibitors for the UK Stroke Forum, other conferences and events, plus additional sponsorship products
- To support the delivery of events and conferences through on-site exhibition management, managing the relationship with sponsors and exhibitors before, during and after the event/conference, and ensuring delivery against the sponsors’ contracts.
- To secure sponsorship and exhibitors for all these events in line with target and budgetary requirements of the event and to deadline
As Healthcare Industry Partnerships Manager, you will think commercially and creatively about exhibitors and business sectors, researching companies and securing partners relevant to stroke whilst also engaging a diverse cross section of appropriate businesses to support each event. The ability to sell space is vital to success. You must have energy and enthusiasm and enjoy the challenging but rewarding nature of being part of the UK’s leading stroke conferences.
You will have a proven track record of:
- Developing sponsorship packages and selling sponsorship packages, including cold calling, negotiation and closing deals
- Experience of developing exhibitions and selling in exhibition spaces and ideally of working in a healthcare exhibition arena
- High quality relationship/client account management
- Meeting demanding income targets
- Working to deadlines, sometimes with tight turnaround times
- Organising and prioritising your own workload
- Experience of Working with the healthcare sector would be desirable, ideally with knowledge of pharmaceutical and healthcare sector’s codes of practice and how the industry operates
Please note that this is a home based role with a requirement to work in one of the Association hubs on an adhoc basis.
The charity is working to build a more diverse organisation. One where it recognises and promotes everyone’s individuality with kindness, and where it harnesses the value and diversity that everyone brings to help deliver its goals. Applications are encouraged from anyone who wants to be part of that future. And in particular, the charity would encourage anyone with lived experience of stroke to apply.
You will be asked to submit your CV and a covering letter of no more than two pages demonstrating how you meet the person specification and what you bring to the role in terms of your skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with stroke survivors and their families to support them following stroke and to raise stroke awareness in the local population. We offer a host of amazing benefits and flexible working options, with opportunities to progress your career.
About the Organisation
Rebuilding lives after stroke.
Everyone deserves to live the best life they can after stroke. And it’s a team effort to get there. The charity provides specialist support, funds critical research and campaigns to make sure people affected by stroke get the very best care and support to rebuild their lives. Every five minutes, stroke destroys lives. Help us rebuild them and join the team.
You may also have experience in areas such as Senior Partnerships Manager, Senior Partnerships, Partnerships Manager, Relationship, Events, Exhibitions, Sponsorship, Development, Fundraising Manager, Fundraising, Fundraiser, Community Fundraising, Community Fundraiser, Corporate Partnerships Manager, Business Development, Income Generation, Income Generation Manager, Supporter Engagement, Volunteer Manager, Events Fundraising, Events Fundraiser, Head of Fundraising, Head of Partnerships and Fundraising, Fundraising and Partnerships, Sales, Account Manager, Business Development, Partnerships, Income Generation.